Copy of PM sent to JLR Customer Services this afternoon, No Service Plan

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jim

Re: Copy of PM sent to JLR Customer Services this afternoon, No Service Plan

Post by Jim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 pm

I have had a response from Amelia and hopefully now this will be sorted out, I will let you all know how it goes.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 pm
I have had a response from Amelia and hopefully now this will be sorted out, I will let you all know how it goes.
Great news, maybe this thread has helped, fingers crossed it will be sort and resolved quickly for you.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm

I had a call from Amelia yesterday (she did call Friday but unfortunately I wasn't able to take the call, work getting in the way) and she says all is now sorted and that my dealer should be getting in touch with me shortly to discuss some compensation, though she did suggest they may wish to do this in kind rather than cash. I pointed out I paid in cash and as they (collectively) hadn't provided the first year of a five year contract, I suggested as a minimum a fifth of the purchase price in cash would not be unreasonable!

One thing that is coming across is that it wasn't any ones fault, no ones to blame, no one made any mistakes, no is willing to take responsibility and all three parties (Dealer, JLR and EMaC) have a different version of why it wasn't them, to the point of each of them throwing the other two under the bus!

Hopefully I will receive a new set of service plan documantation through the post shortly, but to be honest not holding out much hope as it was promised, by EMac, that I would receive it by last Friday at the latest!

Why is everything JLR so difficult........
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:18 pm
I had a call from Amelia yesterday (she did call Friday but unfortunately I wasn't able to take the call, work getting in the way) and she says all is now sorted and that my dealer should be getting in touch with me shortly to discuss some compensation, though she did suggest they may wish to do this in kind rather than cash. I pointed out I paid in cash and as they (collectively) hadn't provided the first year of a five year contract, I suggested as a minimum a fifth of the purchase price in cash would not be unreasonable!

One thing that is coming across is that it wasn't any ones fault, no ones to blame, no one made any mistakes, no is willing to take responsibility and all three parties (Dealer, JLR and EMaC) have a different version of why it wasn't them, to the point of each of them throwing the other two under the bus!

Hopefully I will receive a new set of service plan documantation through the post shortly, but to be honest not holding out much hope as it was promised, by EMac, that I would receive it by last Friday at the latest!

Why is everything JLR so difficult........
Glad you may be getting somewhere, as for Why JLR, this is what JLR are now like, unfortunately, they have so many issues I was told by my case manager to deal with that they can not cope with it all.

That's why I heard the siren, abandon ship abandon ship and so I did.

Great car though but shame it's let down by continuing issues and a fight with JLR to get things sorted.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I have received the new policy documents, which I will confirm is still active in a month or so, but I'm still waiting for the compensation discussion.

coleighf

Post by coleighf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

It all seems very odd to me. I was told when I bought the car that a service plan wasn't yet available for the 25T, I would be advised when it was. A few weeks later I was so advised and I bought it, five years cover. No problem. You do wonder what is going on sometimes.
25T 2018 Portfolio. Firenze red, Light Oyster. Electric 4 way lumbar support. ICTP pro with 380W. Panoramic sliding sun roof. Remote rear seat release. Rubber load liner. Rubber mats. Space saver spare wheel. Front and rear mud guards etc.

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Yeah,

I have had 3 policies all told, 2 cancelled (by someone unknown) and I was not informed and now a new one I received last Friday.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”