Just received the car yesterday and with extensive oxide parts

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
corriescar66

Re: Just received the car yesterday and with extensive oxide parts

Post by corriescar66 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:37 pm

My rusting wheel lock nuts where replaced a few weeks ago....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Neilfx

Post by Neilfx » Thu May 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Have you got an update on this matter? Did you raise it with the dealer or JLR?
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Manual, Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd wscreen, pwr tailgate, front park aid, rear camera, config dyn, prem mats, recliner rear seats, oyster leather and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover

salva72

Post by salva72 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:32 pm

I have contacted my local dealer and says the warranty covers the rust when it comes from the interior of the part.

I'm really dissapointed.

salva72

Post by salva72 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:57 pm

I have contacted JLR again.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu May 18, 2017 4:44 pm

salva72 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 12:32 pm
I have contacted my local dealer and says the warranty covers the rust when it comes from the interior of the part.

I'm really dissapointed.
As you got the car on April the 22 your still within the 30 day reject, tell them that unless all areas of rust are resolved you will reject the car and either have a replacement or a full refund.

They will sort the issue then for sure. ;)

Who's the dealer by chance?
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo » Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 pm

^ Arthur Daley
2.0d Auto RWD Portfolio, 20" 10 spoke wheels, BRG, Adaptive Dynamics, Privacy Glass, Leds, 20 way seat pack, Black interior, Oyster headlining, Remote rear release, ICTP 380, Rubber mats, Loadspace scuff plate, fixed sidesteps, Dual view screen

salva72

Post by salva72 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 am

Hello,

My local retailer in Gran Canaria told me just now they have replaced the brakes because they were rusty and were affecting the car ability to stop but JLR did not allowed to change or repair the exhaust system.

Right now i'm lost !!, I have PM customer relations but no answer from then until now.

From my point of view is incredible, new car that looks under it like a 10 year old one.

Absolutely dissapointed for my first Jarguar car.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri May 26, 2017 10:51 am

salva72 wrote:
Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 am
Hello,

My local retailer in Gran Canaria told me just now they have replaced the brakes because they were rusty and were affecting the car ability to stop but JLR did not allowed to change or repair the exhaust system.

Right now i'm lost !!, I have PM customer relations but no answer from then until now.

From my point of view is incredible, new car that looks under it like a 10 year old one.

Absolutely dissapointed for my first Jarguar car.
Sorry but i can not understand why you would not just say it is replaced or you can have the car back.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

salva72

Post by salva72 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:24 pm

It has been a long journey until having the cat here, I bought it as tax free and it has been a long way until having it legal, I had to take care of everystep, I 've been told that the rust is superficial and seems like it can be repaired, but do not understand until now the JLR position. They just say is external rust so is not their problem even if is present during the delivery... simply incredible.

Cobstar

Post by Cobstar » Fri May 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Did you buy the car direct from a dealer or through an agent?

Too late for you now but in your situation I would have refused to accept delivery. I learnt the hard way!

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”