SIM cards

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
lozpace

Re: SIM cards

Post by lozpace » Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 pm

manxaircrest wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm
Hi all .... could someone clarify the point that with pro system if you bluetooth your phone with a data connection to the car will the car see the data ... (via the phone) or would you still need the on-board SIM...

Many thanks
I don’t think It would work by Bluetooth, all though I haven’t tried it. You can however use the cars WiFi and tether the phone to it as a personal hotspot to pull data.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Redlancer

Post by Redlancer » Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 pm

June16 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 pm
bank5ter wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:41 am
June16 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 pm
24G for 24 months £45

Item is under review due to some issues. Just for info.
Just to let folks know , I fitted this 24G , it works fine, I’ve turned on all the items that use the card and have set 1GB a month .
So I can set back and wait for two years before a change .

I did have a laugh when I fitted it though ....had it just about fully inserted by fingernail when it shot out on the spring tension and split into a nano card and a frame. But it all pushed back together with a click and fitted fine.

I've bought one of these and it doesn't work in the car. Took SIM down to Jaguar and they also state its an incompatible SIM by trying it in other cars.

Anyone else had this issue?

SIM came with mobile number that is OK for incoming calls, o/g fail as expected but to no funds, which I suspect may be the issue as SIM maybe be one that can be changed to voice use.

June16

Post by June16 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Redlancer wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 pm
June16 wrote:
bank5ter wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:41 am

Item is under review due to some issues. Just for info.
Just to let folks know , I fitted this 24G , it works fine, I’ve turned on all the items that use the card and have set 1GB a month .

I did have a laugh when I fitted it though ....had it just about fully inserted by fingernail when it shot out on the spring tension and split into a nano card and a frame. But it all pushed back together with a click and fitted fine.

I've bought one of these and it doesn't work in the car. Took SIM down to Jaguar and they also state its an incompatible SIM by trying it in other cars.

SIM came with mobile number that is OK for incoming calls, o/g fail as expected but to no funds, which I suspect may be the issue as SIM maybe be one that can be changed to voice use.
Still working perfectly in my car .
Mine never came with a mobile number , so wondering if you’ve got the right sim??

Just pushed it straight in the slot as above
Did you buy it from Amazon as above?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Redlancer

Post by Redlancer » Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm

June16 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm
Redlancer wrote:
June16 wrote:

Mine never came with a mobile number , so wondering if you’ve got the right sim??

Yep, bought from that link and same packaging wording as above.
All SIM's should come with a phone number, even if data only but I didn't expect it to route calls to it. but that would tie in with it not working

edited - contacted three and they confirm its broadband only, so sending a replacement SIM.

ta

June16

Post by June16 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Redlancer wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 2:08 pm
June16 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm
Redlancer wrote:

Yep, bought from that link and same packaging wording as above.
All SIM's should come with a phone number, even if data only but I didn't expect it to route calls to it. but that would tie in with it not working

edited - contacted three and they confirm its broadband only, so sending a replacement SIM.

ta
That’s good sounds like incorrectly packaged or a mistake made somewhere along the line.
Glad your sorted anyway.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Redlancer

Post by Redlancer » Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 am

Got a replacement SIM from 3 and that's the same - wrong SIM card comes up, and again its a data only one. Jag had tried all my SIM cards in a car and none worked.
anyone else have issues with three or other data only SIM's?
I also still not sure why it has to be a data only card, I'm sure any SIM should work or should of been set up this way. Seen on other forums that other models take any SIM card.

June16

Post by June16 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Redlancer wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 am
Got a replacement SIM from 3 and that's the same - wrong SIM card comes up, and again its a data only one. Jag had tried all my SIM cards in a car and none worked.
I also still not sure why it has to be a data only card, I'm sure any SIM should work or should of been set up this way. Seen on other forums that other models take any SIM card.
The one I have is as above, it is data only, the same type of card but 12G card also worked in the old discovery sport which is the same in control touch pro system.

Are you sure it is fitted correctly , pushed in so it stays fitted , you’ll know it’s fitted correctly as to remove you have to push it in to release it. It should not just pull out.

I know the salesman couldn’t fit my card properly, he tried to put it in upside down , I had to show him the right way as per here.

Redlancer

Post by Redlancer » Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am

June16 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 pm
Redlancer wrote:
The one I have is as above, it is data only, the same type of card but 12G card also worked in the old discovery sport which is the same in control touch pro system.

Are you sure it is fitted correctly , pushed in so it stays fitted , you’ll know it’s fitted correctly as to remove you have to push it in to release it. It should not just pull out.

I know the salesman couldn’t fit my card properly, he tried to put it in upside down , I had to show him the right way as per here.
Its in correctly, although that doesn't mean the sim slot is ok, I didn't see them try the SIM cards at Jag.
I was after other SIM cards that have been tried recently as there was a comment in a previous post that this card had an issue note on amazon.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Redlancer wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:43 am
June16 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 pm
Redlancer wrote:

Its in correctly, although that doesn't mean the sim slot is ok, I didn't see them try the SIM cards at Jag.
I was after other SIM cards that have been tried recently as there was a comment in a previous post that this card had an issue note on amazon.
The issue note was against folks complaining about use overseas not mentioned in the packaging or discription which was sorted within a day the cards are ok.

However one thing I did notice the fault statement you got doesn’t say the card cannot be read. I wonder if it’s not detecting the card correctly as in it thinks it’s the wrong card ( perhaps another card has been inserted before at some point)
Have you tried , switching off the connectivity in the menu,removing the card . Locking the car for 20 mins so it is completely shut down.
Then insert the card and then turn on connectivity checking you can see the correct card.

Just wondering if some sort of reset is needed with it and going right back to the beginning with connectivity off etc might help. Certainly is puzzling.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Wed May 09, 2018 3:59 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:35 pm
Just wondering if some sort of reset is needed with it and going right back to the beginning with connectivity off etc might help. Certainly is puzzling.
I had issues last weekend.
My old card was coming up to it's 12 month limit.
Went to the car and no 4G. In the connectivity menu it was showing card being read and I couldn't switch off mobile data as it just said unavailable.
The IMEI and Mac address were blank so no incontrol app either.
I removed the card and it still said card reading, etc etc.
Pressed the reset on the page for the blank IMEI etc but did nothing.
Left it overnight with no sim and the next day the IMEI and Mac address were back.
Put the new card in, turned on mobile data and agreed the terms and conditions.
Worked fine although I had to clear the data usage which was still showing from the old card.
So leaving it with no card in for a while might be a good idea to get it back in order.
I can only assume having the old card run out whilst it was still connected to mobile data fried it's brain.
XE S 380, My18, Storm grey.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”