SIM cards

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Linkshot

Re: SIM cards

Post by Linkshot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:22 pm

My ‘3’ sim died on the button after 12 months. Ordered another which needed activation using an unlocked mobile as per the original. Internet works fine on the phone.

Interestingly ICTP reports ‘SIM card removed’ when I turn on mobile data with this SIM card installed in the FPace. Reset settings in connectivity makes no difference. I’ve noted others have reported this message elsewhere on the forum but I don’t believe a resolution was noted.

Off to the dealers next week for them to take a look.
1st edition Caesium Blue

golferpete

Post by golferpete » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 am

Interestingly, I activated mine 7/3/2017 and it is still working today 8/3 at year + 1 day!

Not complaining although I already have the new one ready to go.

What symptoms did people get when it time expires?

I am still getting the traffic data and it still is showing 3G on the display.
Collected 6/3/2017: 2.0 AWD R-Sport, Ammonite, Privacy, Jet/Red, ICTPro, Heated Screen/Mirrors, Rear Camera, Space Saver, Tow Bar

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Golferpete,

Some functions work through the built in SIM, traffic info may be one of these.

I proved my SIM had ceased by opening up the web browser and tried viewing a web page which was hyjacked by the 3 page to buy more data, then I swapped SIMs.

Jim
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

golferpete

Post by golferpete » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanks Jim

I'll take a look later this afternoon and report back.

Would be useful to know what works through the built in SIM and what benefit the added SIM brings.
Collected 6/3/2017: 2.0 AWD R-Sport, Ammonite, Privacy, Jet/Red, ICTPro, Heated Screen/Mirrors, Rear Camera, Space Saver, Tow Bar

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 pm

bank5ter wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:41 am
June16 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 pm
24G for 24 months £45

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobile-B ... B01M3VJ2B2
Item is under review due to some issues. Just for info.
Just to let folks know , I fitted this 24G , it works fine, I’ve turned on all the items that use the card and have set 1GB a month .
So I can set back and wait for two years before a change .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3VJ2B2?tag=vigukb-19-21

I did have a laugh when I fitted it though ....had it just about fully inserted by fingernail when it shot out on the spring tension and split into a nano card and a frame. But it all pushed back together with a click and fitted fine.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

golferpete

Post by golferpete » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Yep, that's the one I've got ready to go.

Did you have to activate it first using a mobile?

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:24 pm

If you have a Three Mobile SIM fitted in the car there is an easy way to check on how much allowance you have left and when it runs out.

1) Open the browser in the car and go to www.three.co.uk
2) At the top right of the screen click "Login" and wait for the page to load. No actual login details need to be entered if will go straight to your account.
3) Under the Data Allowance section click "check your data allowance" on the next page you should see how much data you have left and the expiry date.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

golferpete wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm
Yep, that's the one I've got ready to go.

Did you have to activate it first using a mobile?
No activation needed
I’ve learned if you push out the SIM card from the holder it comes out easier in the full SIM card size first , then push out the micro card from that frame it’s easier, and you don’t end up with the smaller nano card at first push.

The snap back together on a flat surface,, ( kitchen work top) push it into the frame , turn it over then push again so it’s flat again, if you do accidentally push out the wrong bit though.

I just followed the online instructions and it worked great.
Once account is set up on the car , you get an email to validate your account, once you validate the account it takes you to a log in page. The page it takes you to is the WRONG page , it should take you to Jaguar here at this link https://jaguar.here.com/#

I spent a while trying to login to the wrong page, and then found the right one. Please note you can’t log into https://jaguar.here.com/#. On an iPad either ( that peed me off too, it won’t let you put your cursor in the fields) I had to log in in my Mac and it was fine.

I got my map update from the downloads section. Needed a fat32 - 32G usb3 the update is about 29G.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

SteveBrands

Post by SteveBrands » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:13 am

Hi, I have the standard entertainment system and have put in a data sim in the car. Does this only work for WiFi hotspot or can I run the incontrol apps etc from this. It seems as if I have to plug in phone to run all the apps so assume the phone package is paying for this

manxaircrest

Post by manxaircrest » Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi all .... could someone clarify the point that with pro system if you bluetooth your phone with a data connection to the car will the car see the data ... (via the phone) or would you still need the on-board SIM...

Many thanks

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”