SIM cards

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
RDB1

Re: SIM cards

Post by RDB1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 am

Excuse an ignorant question but as a new F Pace owner why can't I just plug in my mobile phone and use the data on there rather than buying another Sim? I'm sure there is an obvious answer and I'm being lazy because I've not had time to read the manual yet so I'm obviously missing something.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

bensales

Post by bensales » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 am

RDB1 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 am
Excuse an ignorant question but as a new F Pace owner why can't I just plug in my mobile phone and use the data on there rather than buying another Sim? I'm sure there is an obvious answer and I'm being lazy because I've not had time to read the manual yet so I'm obviously missing something.
You can.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

big jon

Post by big jon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:43 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:34 pm
Jim wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Mine will also be a Three 12 month sim swapped for a new version of the same.
See how you get on..... If you find 'Traffic info' etc stops, at least you'll have a clue why and know what to do! :D

I have had my car 13 months and just fitted new 3 sim and all updates and traffic info re established themselves immediately, checked web browser and all ok :D
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Forgot to update after replacing the Sim.

Swapped Sim over when the old Sim stopped and browser, etc. all working again.

Checked Sim had stopped working by opening the browser and instead of going to the home page it was diverted to the 3 renewal page.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Gas Man

Post by Gas Man » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am

Hi,

I tried to buy a SIM from the Vodafone call centre today and was told that I couldn’t buy one from them - I need to go to a Vodafone high street shop and buy one. Apparently they should be able to do the DataShare there.

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 am

Gas Man wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am
Hi,

I tried to buy a SIM from the Vodafone call centre today and was told that I couldn’t buy one from them - I need to go to a Vodafone high street shop and buy one. Apparently they should be able to do the DataShare there.
I have a personal and business account with Vodafone, so I looked at buying a sim through them when I got my F Pace in the summer, The vodafone SIMS were extraordinarily expensive in comparison to the Three 12 month SIM. Depends I guess, if you are looking at using the cars hotspot and burning through a lot of data then maybe it will make sense.

Consensus on the board is that for standard ICTP usage (UK & Europe) you will get through 12 months time limit before using up the 12Gb data allowance,

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Hmm just crossed into France with 3SIM. Been working perfectly whilst in UK yet now No Traffic is coming up, can’t share ETA etc....have roaming enabled. Is there anything that needs activating on the SIM itself ?
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Mike72, when I went abroad with a 3 Sim in my phone I had to get foreign use turned on (the default is off). If I recall I did this on line in my account settings.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Jim wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:09 pm
Mike72, when I went abroad with a 3 Sim in my phone I had to get foreign use turned on (the default is off). If I recall I did this on line in my account settings.
Thanks Jim,

I think I've found the problem/issue. Seems that I have to go into the Navigation settings and enable roaming for various features. Once done it works fine......until I stop the car, then the next time I start up I have to do it all again. Discovered by accident when I hit the Traffic icon to display traffic on the left hand side of the screen and I got a prompt about roaming data usage etc and once I agreed to that it started working, as did the ETA sharing etc.

Not sure if there is a default roaming settings in the navigation settings that I can change (possibly linked to my profile - not yet looked) but under mobile settings roaming is set to enabled for all.

M.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

golferpete

Post by golferpete » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:23 pm

So, coming up to having to replace/renew my data sim after 12 monthts.

What is everyone doing now?

The best I can see after a quick look around is this
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS ... 4000&ver=0
Basically, 12Gb over 12 months with 3 for £26.99, not dissimilar to the deals that were around last year at this time.

Any others out there?

Thanks
Collected 6/3/2017: 2.0 AWD R-Sport, Ammonite, Privacy, Jet/Red, ICTPro, Heated Screen/Mirrors, Rear Camera, Space Saver, Tow Bar

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”