CAUTION: STARTER MOTOR CABLE - FPace Blackout

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
failpace

Re: CAUTION: FPace Blackout of all system in high speed turn

Post by failpace » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 14.36.20.png

There seem to be more cars with similar issues...

failpace

Re: CAUTION: FPace Blackout of all system in high speed turn

Post by failpace » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Dear all. I haven't been very active in the forum lately. An hour ago I checked back, if there is any new information regarding the above incident concerning my Fpace. To my surprise I found that the forum is full of references to the same issue. Jaguar insisted in writing to me that the issue with my car was an isolated error and that no other cars are affected - an obvious lie. I don't understand why this call back is voluntarily, because this manufacturing defect can cause serious accidents:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1088&p=11521&hilit ... ble#p11521

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1180&p=12707&hilit ... ble#p12707

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... d%5B%5D=11

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1196&p=12919&hilit ... ble#p12919

failpace

Re: CAUTION: STARTER MOTOR CABLE - FPace Blackout

Post by failpace » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 am

Here is a copy of my latest e-Mail to Jaguar:

Dear Mrs. T******n,

thank you for sending me your e-mail address.

I am writing you because I want to share my experience as a new Jaguar customer with you. I own one of the first F-pace delivered in Spain.
The car was registered in Spain on the 21st of April 2016. In the first week of ownership I came into a very dangerous situation with the car and had a near accident at relatively high speed.
This error was due to the motor starter cable issue. The main power cable was badly placed and within a week was about to break in half.
All power electrics shut down when turning into a curve. Highly dangerous, fortunately nothing happened.

Jaguar Spain insisted this was a one-off error, nevertheless deliveries stopped shortly after and there was a call back of all units in circulation.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/494101/2017 ... -affected/

After some discussions with your Spanish customer relations team (Elena M*****o) and 3 options to choose from I decided to keep the car with a warranty extension (1 additional year).

Here is the video footage from the blackout:

Apart from you I have also written to, Mr. H****t, Mr. M***h, Mrs. P****r & Mrs. R****k so you all of you equally aware of the this incident and the other quality issues of this vehicle which I want to address. Jaguar Spain is not interested.

Jaguar Spain have not made a lot of effort to resolve the issues in a professional manner. The car is under warranty for 4 years but how does this help when things don’t get solved.

I want to prioritise on the noises in the interior of the car. There are cracking and squeaking noses coming from the dashboard, door panels and center column of the car. I will attach you some videos that illustrate this. When my Face was in the dealership for a repair I had a rental car, a very basic Face from Sixt, which had the same issues. This is unacceptable for a premium car.

Other than that there are various issues with the ICTP. The system blacks out, bluetooth not working, security and collision systems not working, parking sensores not working and more. A week ago the local dealer tried to fix it, I still have the panels and covers in the trunk unmounted, the issues have not been fixed again.

Here are some more videos this illustrate the problems

What do you think about the above and what is your position regarding these very evident quality issues?
(all videos are available in high res, too)

With kind regards and best wishes,
Alex S*****z

failpace

Post by failpace » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Finally I rejected the car. After 1 1/2 years they bought it back and I changed to an RR Sport.

Quality issues are out of control. They tried to solve the interior noises from various locations in the car for 1 month. Couldn’t solve it.

After I year the car made more noises and cracks than a 10 year old Fiat Multipla.

I was very exited about my Fpace and the car completely let me down.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:45 am

failpace wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm
Finally I rejected the car. After 1 1/2 years they bought it back and I changed to an RR Sport.

Quality issues are out of control. They tried to solve the interior noises from various locations in the car for 1 month. Couldn’t solve it.

After I year the car made more noises and cracks than a 10 year old Fiat Multipla.

I was very exited about my Fpace and the car completely let me down.
You say you rejected the car, are you saying you got your money back in full or sold it and bought an RRS?
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

failpace

Post by failpace » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:23 pm

I did not accept car back. They just couldn’t fix it. Then they made me a decent commercial offer and I paid a small difference for the RR Sport. (Their first offer was rather an offense than an offer but they try everything to upset their clients).

Resume: The Fpace will harm Jaguar in the long run, they loose more clients than they can win new ones.
The local dealer in Spain was good and helpful. Jaguar customer service is a disaster and have no decency...

FPTrevor

Post by FPTrevor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 am

Poorly built car 2 rejected how the F!!! the motoring press haven't highlighted. MY New Alfa Stelvio is a far superior build.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 am

FPTrevor wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 am
Poorly built car 2 rejected how the F!!! the motoring press haven't highlighted. MY New Alfa Stelvio is a far superior build.
This has been mentioned many times before, I think they think they either pay them or threaten not to let them review any more cars in the future as there is no way the issues can stay out of the press this long with so many people having some sort of issue small or large.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 am

Ooh look, it's a 'bad news' story and who's back to chime in again . . it's our resident FPTroll :lol:

Take a look at the total numbers of F-Paces sold . . in the tens of thousands now and the vast majority are obviously completely fine, just like mine is, that's why there isn't a 'story' to highlight . . try and keep some perspective :roll:

Take a look at any other car forum on the web and you'll see people grumble all the time . . it's just what forums attract, people with issues, otherwise they'd be out there quietly enjoying their cars, just like all the rest of the silent majority. But hey, as they say, misery loves company.
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

Also it seems odd to me that someone with such an axe to grind against JLR would jump straight into another one of their products. Something doesn't add up!
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Return to “Faults & Technical”