Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Battery Needs Charging warning

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jalees 
#1 ·
Couple of months ago entering Vehicle the Start car battery low was on the dash.
The car was booked in for a service next day so asked then to check as I had driven a distance only a few days before.
They replaced the Battery Management module and advised after bench testing battery on a 4 hours charge it passed.

Last month same warning again only parked up for 4 days, Jaguar breakdown advised battery ok and it might be my 2 Dash cams!
I asked him to unplug to check.

last week after driving 100 miles on motorway I get the same warning as I tried to wash the car couldn't open boot that low, but it did start the car when AA turned up.
Ran it for 30 min whilst checking, battery charge from V low to 70% advising it passed all Jaguars test but he thinks it's the battery so advised to book into dealer which I tried but no availability nor battery in stock so suggestion to call Jaguar technician out who carry batteries.

Arrived did all tests to pass Jaguars criteria so could not replace! He suggested it possibly only charging to 70% not 80% as is the min Jaguar say and advised book into dealer for another bench test.

So left it yesterday to check along with corrosion on roof gloss black runner.
Received call Pm advising needs new battery! On order along with new roof rail on order.

By the way you need 2 new Tyres, all Discs rusted need replacement + pads which were fine @ 50% and brake fluid advisory replacement and tracking Recomended.

Tyres had 3 mm left as only swapped back to summer last month and replace 2 with new Continental
As I switch Tyres round uneven tyre wear is expected!
Brakes, never have I seen brakes rusted like these bar in a scrap yard and would I replace with jag? No way!
Brake fluid! Was replaced a year ago! Surprised I didn't get AC needs conditioning.

I have new EBC Black dimple/slotted disc on order with Greenstuff pads will post pictures when fitted. Cost £500 Fr/Rear
Can't believe 5 visits to get battery replaced, I can now reconnect Dash cams.

See less See more
#2 ·
This sounds about right for some dealers, so not surprised.
Dash cams, if you are leaving them on when parked for security reasons and setting the security alarm you will drain the battery quite quickly. There should be no problem using a dashcam driving, battery failure is quite common even after a few months, which is why Jag Assist carry batteries on the van

#3 ·
Hi hope you are well.
I think what you described was my issue as well.
I was reading somewhere on this forum or epace if keys are in pocket and you spend time cleaning or near the car usually you get that low battery warning depending how long you spent.
Now I also realised I used to clean car with keys in my pocket sometimes standing near car talking on phone etc.
So I would say something to do with keyless entry system of JLR.
You can try once battery is fully recovered keep the keys further away even while cleaning to test.
Mine never got sorted and eventually had to say goodbye to car with other issues you know that already if you remember.
Loved the car anyway.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

#5 ·
They disconnected the dash cams just in case they were drawing when switched off.
If they had checked the fuses they were piggy backed to then they would have known they power off after about 10 min max
And since I had the same problem with them disconnected it confirm they weren't at fault.

Jaleel, as you say having the keys on you when washing can drain the battery.
I Always open the door and take the key back into the house other wise I get doors locking/mirror folding every now and then.

#6 ·
Hmmm ok for me it was nearly everyday thing although I was driving car mine was 2018 Nov , Jag assist said keep the car running on drive way for 30 mins every now and then when he first came over.
I did all even unnecessarily drove motorway mile in daylight switched off all the intelligent functions.
After 3 events of dead battery waiting 3 to 4 hours of Jag assist to arrive, I bought my self a battery pack to jump start and on 3 occasion I successfully used it.

Not sure the last jump start did something to car no low battery for a week surprised but rejection process had already started.

So went with it.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.