Speakers crackling

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Hairybadger

Speakers crackling

Post by Hairybadger » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Picked up my new FPace 2 weeks ago and after roughly 15 minutes the speakers started to break up/crackle when using the sat-nav. Turned the DAB on and it was exactly the same. Reported it to the dealer along with damage noticed on the boot lid which wasn’t picked up on the PDI. The car will have been in the dealers longer than on my drive with no resolution as yet. A known issue apparently with no known remedy, anyone else had this?
Seriously considering asking for my old 3 series back as this worked perfectly.
First Jag I’ve ever owned and the experience hasn’t been good.

Kdbarclay

Re: Speakers crackling

Post by Kdbarclay » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:56 pm

My sound system cuts out completely and resets randomly. Sometimes ever 10 15 mins or every hour. My car has also been at the dealer longer than I have had it, so far new headlamp, new steering wheel buttons, missing trim from underneath car replaced and now a new Pivi Pro screen fitted. Hopefully get the car back next week
2021 R-Dynamic SE 204PS, Black, Black Pack, 19" Black 5 spoke wheels, Fixed Pan Roof, Black Roof Rails, Pixel & Front Fog Lights, Electric Tow Bar, Meridian Surround , Mars Red Interior, Ebony Headlining, Driver Assist Pack, Configurable Dynamics

Hairybadger

Post by Hairybadger » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Has anyone actually rejected their vehicle?

Kdbarclay

Post by Kdbarclay » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:34 pm

I did consider it. My vehicle was ordered in September 2020. It was built in Nov 2020 but due to issues was not delivered to the dealer till Feb 2021. With the number of issues I had I complained to Jaguar. I was allocated a "customer Solutions Executive" who keeps in regular contact with me and works with the dealer to resolve the issues. So far I have had a 2021 hybrid Disco Sport and now a 2020 diesel disco sport. I have decided that I will allow the work that has been planed to resolved my issues to go ahead. However, if it turns into a larger job, ie replacing wiring or removing dashboard ect, then I would go down the road of rejecting the vehicle. Its easier to reject in the first 30 days, importantly the clock stops when the car is in the dealership, so I still have plenty of time. Very disappointed with what should have been a pleasure to collect and drive.
2021 R-Dynamic SE 204PS, Black, Black Pack, 19" Black 5 spoke wheels, Fixed Pan Roof, Black Roof Rails, Pixel & Front Fog Lights, Electric Tow Bar, Meridian Surround , Mars Red Interior, Ebony Headlining, Driver Assist Pack, Configurable Dynamics

Hairybadger

Post by Hairybadger » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:44 pm

Mine was a pre built in stock car. Only had to wait 2 weeks. Bearing in mind the criteria to p/x my old car you’d think they’d present you with a perfect new car. Very interested to hear what they say next week when it supposedly comes back from the dealer, if it isn’t rectified they can keep it until sorted. I’ll put the mileage on one of the dealers cars instead.

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 am

I had a long term reoccurring fault with awful dealer experience and finally rejected after 18 months.
Keep written logs of what happens/said set yourself a limit ie give them one opportunity and stick to it.
Saying that first F Pace experience Dire replacement with different dealer perfect had car similar time and still makes me smile!
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:47 am

Software developers and their tools are so much better now than they were 5 years ago. I can't believe it is possible to have so many software issues on a brand new 2021 product.

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:58 am

I found if you complain to Jaguar directly they will be on the phone within minutes to the dealer and your problem will be sorted , I found them to be really helpful and they don’t like genuine complaints, dealers are the problem not Jaguar they will insist they sort your problem out
F pace SVR blue gone
Coming 2021 f pace svr

bizjettcuo

Post by bizjettcuo » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:26 pm

I had a problem with my 2021 F Pace and 3 times I phoned and emailed the dealers over a period of 4 days, nothing back so I phoned Jaguar direct and got the problem sorted within 7 mins, I now know what to do in future
Ian

MMXVI

Post by MMXVI » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:31 pm

If Jaguar want to sell premium vehicles at premium prices, they will have to provide premium service. Dealerships are separate companies but they work for Jaguar/Land Rover, therefore they MUST make sure the service is high quality.

If they read this... Jaguar, you should know that there must be no "right" phone number to contact to get your problem resolved, right?