Speakers crackling

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Hairybadger

Re: Speakers crackling

Post by Hairybadger » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Update: still not got the car back yet. Spoke to Jaguar as suggested and the dealer called almost immediately. Still not able to fix the issue so the car stays there despite an ’update’ being sent down what seem more in hope than expectation. Driving a Disco at the minute and it’s not a patch on the F Pace. Sorry Disco owners.

Hairybadger

Post by Hairybadger » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:38 pm

Jaguar customer service agent doesn’t seem to be of any use. Returned his calls twice and emailed twice requesting a call back to discuss my options and not a single reply. My original agent seemed ok but sadly she’s absent. Her replacement doesn’t seem bothered. Thinking I should’ve got and X3.

mau.agostino

Post by mau.agostino » Mon May 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Hairybadger wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:05 pm
Update: still not got the car back yet. Spoke to Jaguar as suggested and the dealer called almost immediately. Still not able to fix the issue so the car stays there despite an ’update’ being sent down what seem more in hope than expectation. Driving a Disco at the minute and it’s not a patch on the F Pace. Sorry Disco owners.
sorry intrusion but I have just purchased Discovery sport my 21 with pivi pro and I have (not only me also others) audio problems identical to yours, now in assistance but from what has been heard by others, the replacement of the audio module and current updates would not solve the problem. I write from Italy and even if I have a land river the multimedia system is the same (pivi pro). Do you have any updates to share?

rayprime

Post by rayprime » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:15 pm

Dear all, I purchased a brand new 2021 F pace 7 days ago, having had Audis for the last 20 years. this was a big move for me with the bad press around issues, reliability quality control etc.

On day 2 the speakers started crackling after 30 mins or so, rang dealer who offered to book me in 7 June to have a look at it never mind fix it I expressed my discontent with the date, As a result I took the thing back on Saturday morning . they carried out a software update and asked me to monitor it.

So 20 mons out of the dealer and its starts again, another call to the dealer who promises to order a new amplifier.

They then rang me last night day 6 at 17:00 , to inform me that an amplifier was on order and would be delivered on 7th July.

Is it me or is this just rubbish service, dealer promised to try and escalate to JLR.

I rang JLR customer services this morning, vented my anger and told them that if its not fixed this week I will reject the car.

Was told they would get back to me within 48 hours. no clue what they are going to do in the 48 hours and have had no contact since.

Strongly suspect I will be ordering a Q5 sport back before the weekend.

real shame I do actually like the car and don't want to reject it, but I am so worried this will just carry on for the next 3 years.

rayprime

Post by rayprime » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:16 pm

This fault is al over the Range rover forums, it typically affects PIVI PRO vehicles. looks like JLR have no idea what causing it or how to fix it.

mau.agostino

Post by mau.agostino » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:52 pm

I was told by the dealer that it is a software problem, you that the amplifier needs to be changed, but LR have no idea… .., someone has solved it with an amplifier change… ..

Hairybadger

Post by Hairybadger » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi- finally rejected the car after 3 months of waiting. And what a coincidence the car was fixed the next day. The Disco they gave me the door handle trim fell off in my hand and the F Pace demo I swapped it for the wing mirrors wouldn’t return to normal when coming out of reverse. I’m taking my deposit back and will buy something else, but definitely not a JLR car. The whole experience has been awful but apparently I’ve been rewarded because they agreed to give me my money back!!! WTF! Seems lots of issues with this across JLR and my dealer, car looked great but typical JLR tech gremlins ruined the whole experience. Wish I’d kept my 3 series.

rayprime

Post by rayprime » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:56 am

i had a firmware upgrade back in June, and it fixed it not had any issues since.

Quite happy with it at the moment does have a few niggles mainly noises form brakes and suspension when braking hard.

oh and Spotify only works when it feels like it.

It does not have the polish of a German car, it does however have presence.