Infotainment In-Touch Pro Novice

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jags4me

Infotainment In-Touch Pro Novice

Post by Jags4me » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I only today purchased a 2017 (67 plate) F Pace with the 10" infotainment ITP in it.

I'm ok with all the other car controls but I have not a clue what I do with the above regarding Apply Play (I have an IPhone), Nav updates, SIM Card (which there is one installed) but I assume I need to set up an account somehow and load data onto the micro sim somehow as well.

How do people buy cars with this "modern" and "up to date" technology and get it all set up?

I thought I knew a bit, but I feel clueless and feel like disregarding the cars technology. Would Jaguar help me if I just strolled into a dealership. I purchased the car from 130 miles away and not a JLR dealer by the way.

Any help appreciated.

Deleted User 3727

Re: Infotainment In-Touch Pro Novice

Post by Deleted User 3727 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:55 am

Congratulations on your new car!

I don't know about 2017 but mine is 2016 and I don't have Apple CarPlay, unfortunately, and I don't know how I can enable it. I have no automatic updates via WiFi and I haven't tried with SIM card as CarPlay is not that important to me.

The dealership can update your software to the latest software update for your particular vehicle. My last update was performed in 2019. From 2020, updates are paid, unless they are meant to fix critical issues (I might be wrong but that's what I got as an answer it after I asked the dealer).

I haven't had any issues with the infotainment system, it works pretty well, it is useful and good enough, even if it is not the best on the market.

big jon

Post by big jon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:52 am

mine is 2016 and got latest update with car play done free at JLR
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:02 am

I don’t understand why you don’t just either log onto the online manual or look at the physical manual which should have come with car. Regards Mark.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

bullidium

Post by bullidium » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:35 pm

So I'm unclear on what you've tried already so apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

Typically for CarPlay (although I'm on Android these days so its been a while) should automatically work if both the head unit and phone are CarPlay compatible. You usually just have to use a lightning cable (or USB C in the case of Android) and plug it into the USB ports in the centre arm rest for it to work. If you haven't used it before, you'd expect your phone to inform you its in CarPlay and the ITP will display CarPlay from your phone instead of its own interface. This allows you to use features directly on your phone using the ITP as a touchscreen interface.

The SIM card that is installed in the centre console is for providing the ITP with mobile data while you are out and about, however if you connect it to your WIFI at home that should be enough to get over the air updates. If you want to use the intelligent features of ITP while on the move, such as starting the car from your phone I believe you have to have a SIM with an active data plan and connectivity turned on for that to work. The manual does cover some more of this. Ubigi is the current Sim card provider for these and you'll be able to take a plan with them to give you data on the move I'm sure.

Hope something of that helps
F Pace 300 Sport 3.0l Diesel Yulong White MY2020
Options: Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated and Cooled front seats, Rear seat remote release levers, Electrically reclining rear seats