Brakes “grinding” in adaptive cruise control

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
J_AU

Brakes “grinding” in adaptive cruise control

Post by J_AU » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 am

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but here goes... I tend to use adaptive cruise control frequently, and it works perfectly – save for one problem. When I’m using ACC and the car needs to slow itself down other than very gradually, there is a discernible “grinding “ sound coming from (I think) the front brakes; but it’s hard to tell the exact source of the noise. To me, it sounds like the brakes are “grinding”. The noise is not loud, but it’s very noticeable. The functionality of the brakes is unaffected (they work perfectly): it is just the noise that’s troubling.

Before you ask: the brakes work perfectly – and silently – when I’m not using the ACC. The noise is only apparent in ACC.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Is it normal (maybe to notify me that the brakes are being applied)? Over to you!
2020 F Pace R Sport 30t. Eiger grey. Black pack. Black 20” wheels. RH drive cos I’m in Oz.

Mulberry

Re: Brakes “grinding” in adaptive cruise control

Post by Mulberry » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 am

Mine does the same. Had it looked at a couple of years ago.
Apparantly it is normal. It is NOT the brakes. Forget what is actually causing the sound but Jag engineer was perfectly happy that all is operating as designed.
30d Portfolio, BRG, Latte Windsor Leather with 20-way memory, Adaptive LED's, HUD, Climate Pack, 360 Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, ICTP, Config. mood lighting, BSM, Lane Keep assist, electronic tow bar, gesture tailgate.

undymm

Re: Brakes “grinding” in adaptive cruise control

Post by undymm » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:18 am

mine does the same, I also drove another FPACE and it did it also