Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Replace infotainment to 10.2" version on MY 2018 F-Pace

25K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  billwright 
#1 ·
Thoroughly enjoying my MY 2018 F-Pace except for the 8" infotainment system since it can't do Apple Car Play and the UI seems terribly old fashioned for a MY 2018 vehicle.

I am seriously considering replacing it with the 10.2" version for which the part number is T2H24568. My question is whether I need any further parts in order to be able to make it successfully work on my F-Pace.

I would very much appreciate any advice.

#2 ·
So after a long search I have found this....

This is now on order for delivery early next week and I'm assured I can fit this myself. I'll report on that and use in due course for those that may want Apple CarPlay also.

#3 ·
I'm very interested to see how you get on. I have enquired from them as to whether it will work with the 10" ICTP screen which has been delivered to markets such as mine without the connectivity package. Let's know how you get on, please

#6 ·
Neilfx said:
I'm very interested to see how you get on. I have enquired from them as to whether it will work with the 10" ICTP screen which has been delivered to markets such as mine without the connectivity package. Let's know how you get on, please
Hi,
If you have those 10 inch ICTP then why would you want to go this route? When you can pay 200 quid to activate apple car play and Android auto as it shows 500 plus quid kit. Also I have read within this forum it's like for free now if you upgrade your ICTP software to 19c version. Would be beneficial for folks without ICTP .

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

#7 ·
Hi KJ,
Unfortunately in quite a few countries Jaguar sold the fPace with ICTP 10.2" screen but did not, for their own reasons, include the connectivity package. Therefore, we have the large screen, satnav with no traffic data, no apps, no internet connectivity etc. It was expected that when Jaguar adopted Apple CarPlay that it would be available in these vehicles, however, the USB port that was installed was not capable of connecting to ACP so no joy there. That's why it is worth considering purchasing the wireless kit mentioned in this post.
Best regards,
Neil

#9 ·
Received the kit and it all looks rather straight forward since it's all installed under the passenger seat. Despite that I have decided to get it installed by a car electrician, just to be on the safe side. It should be installed on Thursday so will report back shortly after...

#12 ·
Hi,
For anyone who has ICTP with 10.2" screen but without connectivity (no SIM card slot etc) I have been told by the makers that their product is not compatible, only works with the 8" screen, but they are considering making it compatible. I will post on this topic if I hear more from them.
Neil

#13 ·
The kit arrived this morning. Looks very well presented.

There is no way this can be installed without a deal of dis-assembly. I unbolted the F/N/S seat to access the control unit. This is under the floor and its looks like quite a bit of trim requires removal.

Seat bolted back down and I'll look for an auto-electrician

#16 ·
OK so my kit was installed today by Steve of PVE in Chard. Unfortunately, I was unable to take photographs. After Steve installed it according to the manual, it would not switch on. Unique Auto Developments provided the answer after consulting them via chat; a dip switch setting had to be changed. He then had to add the microphone provided with the kit which has too short a cable to run it to the centre at the top of the windscreen so installed it immediately to the left of the driver's side temperature display which I am fine with. Once he figured the AUX plug had to be connected to the AUX socket in the compartment under the centre arm rest it was good to go. The iPhone is connected through Bluetooth to the unit (IDCORE) and this is important also as you want to play music from your iPhone via Bluetooth. If you want to charge your iPhone whilst driving you can, but not via the USB port under the centre arm rest, you need an alternative. I use the cigarette lighter socket for that purpose. One final comment to make is that when you're in CarPlay mode and you use the home button to return to the standard F-Pace mode, I get a fuzzy linear screen. Pressing the home button again, it returns to F-Pace mode. This is only a minor inconvenience.

Overall, I love having Apple CarPlay and I can thoroughly recommend this kit but would also recommend having it professionally fitted. If the microphone cable had been long enough and switching back to normal mode didn't involve the fuzzy screen, I'd give it 10/10. Because of these reasons, I give it 8/10!

#21 ·
Gentlemen,

Can I ask that unit was installed under front passenger seat ?

Reason I ask is want to know exact location of audio head unit where it is located so I might try to upgrade this lame basic jaguar audio system when I have some free time and money.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

#26 ·
I for one will be very interested in how you get on with replacing your Infotainment centre. From my own perspective I am very disappointed that my 2019 F-Pace doesn't include a CD player (single play as the minimum but should be a multi-disc player). Given the cost of one of these cars it's the minimum I would expect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.