Electronic Deployable Towbar

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
philnixon

Re: Electronic Deployable Towbar

Post by philnixon » Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm

That's what they told me when I tried to book it in to them for the initial fitting of the accessory. In fact the dealership told me they wouldn't fit it unless all the parts came from a main dealer, but they would code it. I've used all genuine parts from genuine retailers including main dealers, just the tow bar section was not a dealer, but Brit Part online.

c_henry

Post by c_henry » Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 pm

That's good to know, thanks for getting back to me.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 pm

Update from my installation:

Went in for H251 yesterday and asked for tower to be coded at the same time. H251 done but module wasn't found, so going in again and this time, dealer is supplying the module and coding it for around £420. If it works, then I've still only spent half what it would have cost for the dealer to supply and fit everything. Apparently even dealers and their parts department and Jaguar can't agree on what constitutes a model year 18 over a MY 17 I was told.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Gray Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist and lumbar).

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Further update:

Back in today for the 'correct' module to be fitted. Dropped car at 8.30 and was called at 3pm to say there was a problem and I have the wrong tow-bar now! Went to collect and wasn't even given the option of a price on the correct tow-bar, but told that in all probability, my car would have some MY17 bits on it and some MY18 bits and the chances of getting anything to work would be slim.

So, there'll be a towbar kit for sale shortly once I've removed it - possibly a fully loaded (minus towbar) F-Pace too - sick to death of the niggles with software and having to see an uninterested dealer every time anything needs doing.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Gray Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist and lumbar).

Robzx6r

Post by Robzx6r » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Did you get it sorted in the end?

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Nope - I've happened across a manual towbar that I'll be fitting soon - only need it for a bike rack.

Incredibly p!ssed off with the dealer attitude and the whole ownership experience to be honest and will be going back to Audi after this - first and last Jaguar.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Just to let anyone interested know - the electronically deployable towbar is now listed on the the popular auction site, for £1100 less than retail and also less than I paid for it. Just want shut of the damn thing now - 40kg of useless steel as far as my car is concerned.

apemberton

Post by apemberton » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:32 pm

Can't see it listed, so did it sell? It was still on your car when we last discussed it.
F-Pace S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Glacier White
F-Type S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Salsa Red

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:09 pm

It’s on the auction site - search for T4A7049.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:39 pm

An Audi dealer would be just as reluctant to get involved fitting non genuine parts, they can waste a lot of time with parts that “nearly “ fit. Having said that Jaguar is particularly bad at resolving faults and they are really struggling with dodgy software that has not been properly tested, they just send it out and wait for the flack to fly.

My message to them is, mine is working fine please don’t try to improve it.
IPace SVR performance without the noise
Gone FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter
XKR Convertible
E type 4.2 restored it from a wreck, noisy, smelly, uncomfortable —- and wonderful, reliable too!.