Turn on Front Parking Sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mjwscorpio

Turn on Front Parking Sensors

Post by mjwscorpio » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 pm

I have a 2019 300 sport and I would like the front sensors to be turned on permanently. Help.
MY19 F-Pace 300 Sport 2.0 petrol, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass, 22 inch wheels

Deltasierra

Re: Turn on Front Parking Sensors

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 am

The front sensors on my MY 18 are active permanently and do pick up pedestrians that walk across in front or even long grass, the switch turns them off until the car is restarted, on more recent cars that may be different by intention or maybe you have a system fault. Check your manual for correct operation then contact dealer.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:55 am

You obviously have a fault. You can turn them off on a console button but that’s for only a brief moment if they are becoming annoying in traffic.

Bimjob

Post by Bimjob » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks for prompting me to look into why mine are not on permanently! It is actually very clear in the manual and I have just adjusted mine so they are now on permanently. If I can do it without the help of my son anyone can. However you must have the parking aid in use-I reversed and then stopped the car in the garage. Once it is in use and the screen shows the car outline you can then see the settings icon which is a click away from solving the issue. I've had my 25T R-Sport for a year now and I hope you get as much joy out of yours as I have in your first year. :)
MY18 25T R-Sport Loire Blue

dangezza

Post by dangezza » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:03 pm

Just activated mine too. Very straight forward as per bimjobs message, activate parking sensors using P button, click settings icon, and change to automatic on.

Could this be only relevant for new models? I used to have a 2017 DS with 19A and this option wasnt available.
F Pace 300 Sport (Petrol) ~ Yulong White ~ 22" grey/black alloys ~ fixed side steps, and tints.
Prev: LR DS Dynamic Lux
Prev: Jag XE R Sport
Prev: Audi Q5 S Line
Prev: BMW, Lexus, Alfa, VW, Hyundai, Peugeot, Vauxhall

Jasonfpace

Post by Jasonfpace » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:09 am

Any ideas on a 66plate with standard ICT system? Would be nice to have them on as standard?
White 3.0d, black/red seats and black roof, privacy glass, black pack, 22" double helix, panoramic sliding roof, cup holder cover and rear release lever.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:45 am

My MY 17 with ICT had a button to turn front sensors OFF, The MY18 I have now also has ICT and the function is the same
Cars with ICTP probably have other options so check the manual for other settings
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:49 am

On a 66 plate with pro the only setting you can change is the trajectory lines either on or off.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

yoda

Post by yoda » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Makes no sense! They should be on by default with the option to switch off if required. It is daft that you have to check they are on before pulling up close to an object in front of the car.

DPE

Post by DPE » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:25 pm

Mine is a 3.0Ds May 2017 F Pace. The standard of front sensor setting is stupid. It is in Off all the time, unless You turn it on, or if you had just Reversed then it is on Automatically ready for when you move forward when moving into the parking space.
Absolute rubbish way of doing it. It should be on all the time and You have the option to switch off, if it keeps blipping as people cross in traffic stops. You need it to work and warn you.
JLR should have a recall and sort out the switching for the benefit of the customer. Also good PR.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)