Help please, Offside lower sill

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
FP Steve B

Help please, Offside lower sill

Post by FP Steve B » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 pm

I have noticed that the lower sill has a gap of about 5mm between it & the body of the vehicle but only near the forward end of the sill; if you look at it with the drivers door open it is below the lower door hinge at the top of the sill. This is not evident on the passenger side sill. The vehicle is in Jaguar Norwich having this looked at. While I was in the showroom, I checked a brand new F Pace & the same gap is there on the drivers side but not the passenger side.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it by design or just bad panel fit? 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

Smitten

Re: Help please, Offside lower sill

Post by Smitten » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm

I will double check once I get home. Can't say I have noticed any unusual panel alignment although I did have one tailpipe quite a bit longer than the other and crooked/twisted tailgate rubber seal when new. Both sorted by dealer. Maybe just needs some adjustment?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

mik

Post by mik » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Any pics?
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:52 pm

The dealer found that one of the clips holding the sill in place had come adrift, now sorted. The fact that a new F Pace in the showroom had the same problem shows that it is probably a common fault. 8-)
Delivered 28/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”