Bluetooth with Android 9 Pie

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Bluefire65

Bluetooth with Android 9 Pie

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:25 am

There is a thread on the XE Forum concerning Bluetooth connection issues with Samsung devices running Android 9 Pie, which includes a link to a Samsung forum where several JLR car owners and others with Bluetooth headphones are experiencing issues. In the Samsung forum several reported fixes have been unsucessfully tried by others and there is a report of a JLR software fix that was aborted by a dealer due to various problems when applying it. This said the latest post on the XE forum that I have seen by PhilB reports no issues after the Pie update.

I have paused the update in my Samsung S8 but I would be interested to know whether any members are successfully running Android Pie on a Samsung phone ie without Bluetooth issues, whether it's with ICT or ICTP in an F-Pace and also whether they have Smart Things enabled on their phone.

Thanks
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

balders

Re: Bluetooth with Android 9 Pie

Post by balders » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Hi,

I have an S8 running Android Pie against ICTP (19A) in my F-Pace, and haven't had any problems using bluetooth or Android Auto. I have SmartThings installed, and have used it to control the TV, but otherwise don't use it much. I also use bluetooth headphones when out and about.

My wife has an S9 running Pie and again, no issues.

Balders.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:10 pm

I have S8 and no issues with ICTP/phone interface other than the fact the Jaguar Apps don't work 99% of the time....but suspect that isn't to do with the phone but the app. Call quality is sometimes poor and bluetooth sometimes takes a while to establish connection but hopefully this will be resolved by software update on the car next week.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks both. I'll take the Pie out of the oven and trust it not to burn my Bluetooth.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:36 pm

So, having bit the bullet and accepted the Pie update, I have the dreaded Bluetooth issue. Curiously, it seems to happen in diminishing batches at the start of a journey. Connectivity switches off and on, then settles down, albeit I have yet to go on any significant journeys since the update. The phone does not record any apps turning off Bluetooth. Logic says is the Android update but then others have had no problems and I suppose it could be an App update following on from the Pie update or a conflict with the basic ICT sofware on the Jaguar as I note that those above have ICTP as does PhilB on the XE forum who reported no issues. I'll also add that I have no issues with connectivity to a bluetootch speaker.

So to refine my original question, does anyone with the basic ICT system have Android Pie connecting from a Samsung phone without issue over Bluetooth?

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”