Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Rear Dash Cam Install.

12K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Barthog 
#1 ·
Can I ask has anyone managed to install a rear DashCam to an F Pace and managed to hide the cable, basically running the cable through one of the two existing rubber tubes (Body to Tailgate) and managed to get the cable out near the rear screen.
Example:-
https://tinyurl.com/y8lvkxqn

#4 ·
Managed to fit mine last week,
Fitted at top of rear screen cable travels along glass/trim edge to Offside rear demister wire cover.
(square just pulls off giving access to cavity, Then back out of boot door through one of the yellow clips (1 of 3)
2 small panels un clip for access.
You can feel the end of the yellow clip with a finger to help push out, use middle! This hole was slightly enlarged so power plug fits through with drill.
then into rubber boot tube, then along/underneath rubber boot seal just lifts off (beware messy dark lubricant) to fuse box on O/S boot panel using piggy back fuse so powered on key on.
Used stiff wire to pull through as rubber boot tight, talc helps!
Will post pictures soon.
Found this gave neat finish about 12" of cable on show before being hidden.

#5 ·
#9 ·
Barthog
My car is 95% wired for a rear camera, however the cable for the camera lays taped off indside the tailgate. I am just not able to find a way out of the tailgate to the glass area. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the plastic trim underneath where the rear camera would sit, however not sure about this. hence no rear camera.

#11 ·
I have the cable for the rear dash cam installed from front to rear no problem. I have the cable running from the roof area through the rubber tube into the tailgate, and that's it, I tried for about an hour with a draw cable, but I can not find a way out to the glass area. I will add I do not have 3 yellow clips.

#13 ·
SRE said:
Barthog
My car is 95% wired for a rear camera, however the cable for the camera lays taped off indside the tailgate. I am just not able to find a way out of the tailgate to the glass area. I was thinking about drilling a hole in the plastic trim underneath where the rear camera would sit, however not sure about this. hence no rear camera.
Check out TTW installations in Nottingham. They offer an excellent pro install and I think they are still the only people who have managed to do the rear camera with no drilling whatsoever and no cables showing. Many examples with pictures on their facebook page of happy F-Pace customers, probably E & I Pace too now. They are quite secretive about how they do it!

#14 ·
If you remove the panel on the boot lid next to the hinge, see my photo it's held on by about 3 clips.
Pull towards you and it comes of easily.
You can then see the first of the yellow clips on the longer trim going up to roof area.
My picture shows were they are, but hidden as underneath.
When you look at the lower yellow clip you should be able to work out the trim it pushes to right and unclips carefully do same with 2 others above.
I then removed the middle clip drilled out hole to acomadate the power plug, it then exits through the heated screen connector
After removing square trim again just ease off.
Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.