Software Updates (OtA)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Software Updates (OtA)

Post by mike72uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Just seen the following page on Jaguar UK website.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/software-update.html

hopefully that means the over the air (ota) updates will be shortly enabled (I believe that some Velar owners are already able to update over the air)

I just checked my MY18 ICTP (currently 18c) for updates and it said there were none so I'm assuming that it's not entirely fully live yet as I believe that there is an 18d version now (I was on my home wi-fi network at the time)

Anyway, we live in hope, but looks like we might be a step or so closer !

Regards,
Mike.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

catwoman

Re: Software Updates (OtA)

Post by catwoman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Not sure if I'd be too hasty about enabling OTA updates, if they do materialise. With the connectivity issues some cars are apparently having and JLR's record on getting complex software releases to integrate seamlessly with the multitude variety of options we all have on our cars, this whole thing could turn into a complete owner's nightmare! Evidence the I-Pace forum, which doesn't seem to be an overly happy place in this regard.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Can’t help but think that they should just concentrate on getting the ICTP system stable and rolled out consistently before adding more features.

Most owners will be running and living with out of date versions of the software as updating it is such a time consuming and painful process.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:59 am

My own worry from experience is when these updates are done at dealers who have all the equipment that JLR recommend and training, even they have had serious issues with cars needing new hardware, now if this same updates are done over the air you could find people with issues with there cars at stranded home.

My advice would be if you want an update get the dealer to sort it, that way they have the car if something should go wrong.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Simonmaskell

SOTA

Post by Simonmaskell » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 am

Updated over air yesterday 23/4/19. Activated SOTA in topix and then was able to download and update 19a2.

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:26 am

Hi Simon, can you explain what you mean by (and explain how) "activated SOTA in topix
Thanks
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:32 pm

The SOTA switch in topix just hangs for me when I try to activate it, can anyone get it to turn on? To find the switch do the following.

Click "Try New Features of Topix"
Enter your VIN and find your car
Click top right "View all vehicle details"
In the pop up window click the tab "vehicle software"
Here you will find the SOTA switch
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

naman

Post by naman » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 pm

I'm having the issue, I get an error message that pops-up before it quickly changes to the 'loading circle'

McFpace

Post by McFpace » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Can't make this work for me either, he doesn't say which fpace he's got, might be simon is driving something else which is already enabled, like velar or Ipace?

big jon

Post by big jon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:16 pm

I have same issue click the switch then just loading circles
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”