Software Updates (OtA)

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
mike72uk

Software Updates (OtA)

Post by mike72uk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Just seen the following page on Jaguar UK website.

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/software-update.html

hopefully that means the over the air (ota) updates will be shortly enabled (I believe that some Velar owners are already able to update over the air)

I just checked my MY18 ICTP (currently 18c) for updates and it said there were none so I'm assuming that it's not entirely fully live yet as I believe that there is an 18d version now (I was on my home wi-fi network at the time)

Anyway, we live in hope, but looks like we might be a step or so closer !

Regards,
Mike.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

catwoman

Re: Software Updates (OtA)

Post by catwoman » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Not sure if I'd be too hasty about enabling OTA updates, if they do materialise. With the connectivity issues some cars are apparently having and JLR's record on getting complex software releases to integrate seamlessly with the multitude variety of options we all have on our cars, I can see this whole thing turning into a complete owner's nightmare! Evidence the I-Pace forum, which isn't an overly happy place in this regard.

Strewth, it's bad enough just trying to keep nav maps updated, imagine what it's going to be like when the vehicle's operating system has been changed overnight by an OTA update you were neither expecting nor in need of . . wonder who the first person to press 'start' will be and their car will just flash up, "computer says no!" I'm already looking forward to all the frustrated cries of "grounds for rejection!" that'll no doubt elicit.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Can’t help but think that they should just concentrate on getting the ICTP system stable and rolled out consistently before adding more features.

Most owners will be running and living with out of date versions of the software as updating it is such a time consuming and painful process.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:59 am

My own worry from experience is when these updates are done at dealers who have all the equipment that JLR recommend and training, even they have had serious issues with cars needing new hardware, now if this same updates are done over the air you could find people with issues with there cars at stranded home.

My advice would be if you want an update get the dealer to sort it, that way they have the car if something should go wrong.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”