Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Standard ICT versions

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Reggraham 
#1 ·
What is the current version of the standard ICT?, my daughter is picking up a MY18 R-Sport that has standard ICT so I am trying to find out what the latest version so she can get the dealer to update it to the latest version. Can she get Apple Play etc? she does have the WiFi Hotspot

#3 ·
I'm not sure there are any upgrades for standard ICT, its features are pretty basic but do work mostly reliably, it will link with your phone for calls and media, display rear camera, and satnav. Traffic updates in satnav are poor but it will get you there.
I don't think ICT is offered currently, new vehicles have the Pro version, the software is much better than previously.

#4 ·
This screen is the only one I can find with any version info on it:

Gadget Font Computer Technology Output device

I've never had any problems with ICT on my MY17 R-Sport, it has always worked 100% every time, so I've never even felt it necessary to request an update for it. I don't want AA/ACP on the Jag and, even if there was an update available, I can't see why I'd have them do it if there's already nothing wrong with the way it works, certainly not just for the vanity of having the latest release. Hopefully your daughter will feel the same about her MY18. Best to keep in mind: if it ain't broke... don't break it!

Attachments

#5 ·
I have just had my MY19 updated to 18D mainly because the USB play was erratic and the play queue did some weird things so whilst it was in for the Brake pad change they updated the software. The major thing for me is the take me home button on the sat nav why that was missing before I don't understand. I have had a quick look at Apple Play. On first look it doesn't offer much more than incontrol apps for me my Sygic Sat Nav which I use on the iPhone appears on both and looks the same on both. But so far the inbuilt sat nav has been fine for me so I will probably carry on with that. The addition of Siri to be able to send text message is something I had before on my older XF and the messages didn't always say what I said which is usual for Siri. It will just be for me how easy it is to use and as I am not finding ICTpro that easy to use although hopefully the update may have made somethings better. If you have to look at the screen for more than a couple of seconds then I don't like it as it becomes distracting and it doesn't have an auto return to home screen which I find really annoying. But that is for another thread I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.