Just a head's up - Over the air update now working on RR Velar

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jim

Just a head's up - Over the air update now working on RR Velar

Post by Jim » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:37 pm

Went out to my MY19.5 Velar today and noticed it would not connect to mobile data, it was using the 'free' SIM that has a very limited monthly data allowance. Swapped the SIM for the 3 SIM removed from my old F-Pace and all working again. I had a look around to see why the data was all used up and was pleasantly surprised to note the ICTDuo system had updated from 18C to 18D overnight.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

ksf

Re: Just a head's up - Over the air update now working on RR Velar

Post by ksf » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 am

brilliant.
unfortunately my Mobile Data is stuck on "Reading SIM" and cannot use it. does not allow to switch off/on or reset anyhow.. tried several sim cards. so need to go to dealer.
but very good news that on subsequent updates there will be no need to schedule for visits to the dealer.
I hope JLR will also make some support organization where you could directly raise incidents related to software instead of going the slow route via dealer who hardly have any IT knowledge and treat ICTP like a light bulb.
If JLR would have direct channel to the actual users, they would get very much ideas on how to improve their software.

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:00 pm

ksf wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:06 am
If JLR would have direct channel to the actual users, they would get very much ideas on how to improve their software.
I quite agree, I did offer to act as an over the phone pair of eyes and hands for their tech staff with an issue I have with Incontrol on my new Velar but so far no response other than to take car to dealer.

I use my company field engineers as on site eyes and hands when they need support to resolve faults and it can save everyone a lot of time and effort.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

Steve L

Post by Steve L » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Jim wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:37 pm
Went out to my MY19.5 Velar today and noticed it would not connect to mobile data, it was using the 'free' SIM that has a very limited monthly data allowance. Swapped the SIM for the 3 SIM removed from my old F-Pace and all working again. I had a look around to see why the data was all used up and was pleasantly surprised to note the ICTDuo system had updated from 18C to 18D overnight.
Wonder when/if it will be rolled out to F Pace. Tried this morning and says no update available (from 18C)
MY18 3.0 S V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol, Loire Blue, nearly all extras except 360 camera, HUD & sunroof.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”