New F-Pace Owner - Some questions

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
tomosap

New F-Pace Owner - Some questions

Post by tomosap » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello all,

So I'm new to the F-Pace, picked up mine last Friday - a black 2.0d 180 Auto AWD R-Sport MY19, very nice car, really happy with it.

I have a couple of questions which I'd like to put to those with some experience with the model...

What's the typical fuel economy people see on this car? Admittedly mine's only done 130 miles, but it's hovering around the mid 30s. Take it that it just needs some running in to see that figure rise? Or will it not...?

Also, whenever I put the car driving mode into Eco, it'll stay there but the next time I switch it off and then get back in again, it reverts back to normal mode - in my old XE, it would stay in Eco unless I changed it, regardless of the length in between leaving the car and going back - is this normal behaviour?

And finally, I'm seeing a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust, particularly under heavy acceleration - just want to make sure it's not burning oil or anything daft - again, a new car bedding in? Or a problem.

Thanks all,
Tom

tonythehoolet

Re: New F-Pace Owner - Some questions

Post by tonythehoolet » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Tom

Over 21K miles on my 2.0d 180 Auto AWD I've averaged 41 mpg. Almost all of this has been in normal mode, eco is too un-responsive for me. I expect yours will settle down to a better number. I have never noticed smoke coming out of the exhaust.
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:57 pm

Smoke is probably a big squirt of ad blue when accelerating-this is normal.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:09 pm

It’s normal for each time you start the car for it to revert to normal mode, one of those annoying little things unfortunately.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Congratulations on your new F-Pace.

We have done 7,500 miles in ours and are currently averaging 35 mpg, which I think is a bit disappointing. We can get mid-40's on a motorway run. Those figures are based on petrol receipts, not the car's trip meter which on our car indicates a figure about 2 mph greater than the real figure.

If you select any mode other than Normal then the car remembers it for a period and then reverts to Normal. I have in mind that it is 2 hours but I cannot find it in the manual.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm

tomosap wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:48 pm
Hello all,

So I'm new to the F-Pace, picked up mine last Friday - a black 2.0d 180 Auto AWD R-Sport MY19, very nice car, really happy with it.

I have a couple of questions which I'd like to put to those with some experience with the model...

What's the typical fuel economy people see on this car? Admittedly mine's only done 130 miles, but it's hovering around the mid 30s. Take it that it just needs some running in to see that figure rise? Or will it not...?

Also, whenever I put the car driving mode into Eco, it'll stay there but the next time I switch it off and then get back in again, it reverts back to normal mode - in my old XE, it would stay in Eco unless I changed it, regardless of the length in between leaving the car and going back - is this normal behaviour?

And finally, I'm seeing a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust, particularly under heavy acceleration - just want to make sure it's not burning oil or anything daft - again, a new car bedding in? Or a problem.

Thanks all,
Tom
Hi Tom, I had poor mpg to start with but now regularly get over 40 mpg on a longer journeys if careful with acceleration and frequently more. Actually achieved 51 mpg yesterday but average speed was just 40 mph and I was driving like a saint so, that is perhaps why! The smoke isn't smoke, its vapour. Adblue being squirted into the exhaust to remove NOX. You see it more in the winter. Glad to hear Santa has come early for you :D
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Your MPG will depend on your driving style, the best we ever had was 48mpg, with the wife taking her mum shopping. Expect low 40s on a run, driving at motorway speeds mid 30s, my long term average with the 2.0D was 36mpg . With the 3.0d 34mpg but I do tend to enjoy the performance.
If you want economy use Eco Mode it changes up earlier, Dynamic does not help economy, if you use the FPace loaded Dynamic maintains performance, useful for that.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Catmad

Post by Catmad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Tom, I've done 28,000mls and averaged 41mpg on a mix of motorways and country roads. The exhaust belches out Vapour due to the Adblue until the engine has warmed up and nothing to worry about. The Jaguar system removes 90% of the exhaust nasties (Sox & Nox) by injecting Urea into the gas after the Catalytic convertor and hence creates copious amounts of vapour (steam). Hope you enjoy your F-Pace as much as I have!
2.0D Prestige 180 AWD Auto Italian Racing Red

tomosap

Post by tomosap » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Thanks all for the responses above, really helpful. I do still wonder about the whole setting the car in eco mode thing, doesn't feel right to me as my XE was exactly as I would expect. Might do some more digging with Jaguar...

Looking forward to many happy miles in it, albeit very expensive ones lol

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm

tomosap wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Thanks all for the responses above, really helpful. I do still wonder about the whole setting the car in eco mode thing, doesn't feel right to me as my XE was exactly as I would expect. Might do some more digging with Jaguar...

Looking forward to many happy miles in it, albeit very expensive ones lol
Mine stays in ECO mode if that's what it was set to before the ignition was switched off.

Dynamic mode reverts back to normal after the car has shut down after a few hours.

You are right to take this up with the dealer.....

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”