Radio disturbed when in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
redonebe

Radio disturbed when in reverse

Post by redonebe » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:23 pm

When I put the car in reverse I sometimes get an interference on the radio. This is not happening always but sometimes it is very loud. As soon as I put it in D or P the noise goes away to return when I put it back in R.

This only happens with radio reception and not on any other input source. I have only AM/FM, no DAB.

Did anyone experienced this problem? Did they find a solution? The car is 2 years old now and they still were not able to fix this. And a few other things.

When I have passengers in the car and put it in reverse they are scared by the sound of the speakers.

Example: Noise when reverse
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Jim

Re: Radio disturbed when in reverse

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:41 pm

At a guess I would investigate the connections at the roof antenna which is quite close to the tailgate hinges, if the connection is loose or damaged the vibration could cause the issues you describe.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Jim wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:41 pm
At a guess I would investigate the connections at the roof antenna which is quite close to the tailgate hinges, if the connection is loose or damaged the vibration could cause the issues you describe.
If the antenna cable was loose or damaged I should notice this in radio reception but this is only occurring when in reverse. The hum is also constant, this means the source is a stable oscillator. I think, but don't remember exactly this occurred the first time after the car was in for the rear sensor problem. They replaced the sensors that time. But the car was in already multiple times and I don't remember what the right order was. The USB connection panel was also replaced.
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Sensor not earthed properly?

For some reason when I first replied I had it in my mind that the tailgate was involved, though not any mention of it anywhere except in my head :oops:
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm

I checked my emails with complaints and the hum was already there when the car was new.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”