Squeaky Brakes

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Reggraham

Squeaky Brakes

Post by Reggraham » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:04 pm

I have never experienced this on a Jaguar or Land Rover before but when I leave the F-Pace overnight if it has been a damp night the next morning for the first few time by brakes really squeak. But it is a bit annoying and a little embarrassing when you pull up next to a 30 year old car who's brakes don't squeak and your new highly technical car does.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

RaVolVoR

Re: Squeaky Brakes

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Agreed, but it's probably a feature! My car is the same squeak until I warm brakes up.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

big jon

Post by big jon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:06 pm

This is an issue that has been happening a long time i had it for 6 months. It was reported on topix early 2017 and i had front pads changed
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Oh well here comes another call to the dealer on Monday, they had better be a bit more receptive than vauxhall were 18 years ago. We bought a new Zafira and its brakes squeak a lot worse than the F-Pace but only in reverse and not when braking. It took them a year and a half to admit there was a design fault across the whole Astra platform range. At least this one looks like it is just the pads they have chosen to use in production.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

swager

Post by swager » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Yes totally agree as I had my pads changed (17k) when the car was in for various warranty work ,ok to start with but as the weather has got a lot colder the fault has reappeared and worse then before

Cheers Swager

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

I’ve had the same low speed squeak throughout the last 19 months of ownership, worse in winter. Dealer looked at it on first service but I think they only take action if you can be bothered to take it back to them multiple times.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:10 am

This squeal problem was reported extensively on the Discovery Sport Forum & was put down to poor quality brake pads, mine were changed under Warranty & no problem since. Definitely go back to the dealer & have them changed. I collect my 3.0d Portfolio this Wednesday so I hope no issues on MY19! 8-)
Born 16/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:59 am

Doesn't seem to be a universal problem so makes me wonder if it is a quality control issue with batches of pads or with pads from a particular supplier. I am sure someone inside Jaguar knows the answer. Mine is just 7 months old and 5.5k miles (MY18) and so far I don't have this issue thankfully.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

chris

Post by chris » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:35 am

The whole system looks pretty cheap and nasty, discs, pads and callipers have issues with wear. My Brembo shod BMW motorcycle with its very exposed system and ventilated discs, looks far superior to the Jaguar set up
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Neilfx

Post by Neilfx » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:15 am

I raised the squeaky brakes issue when I brought my car in for its 34,000km service. They replaced the brake pads with no quibble!
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”