Instrument Panel Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
MRB
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Instrument Panel Update

Post by MRB » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am

The 19 MY cars have a different virtual instrument layout and design, is it possible to update the 17 / 18 MY vehicles?

Clearly the ICT Pro system can be updated but this is entirely separate to the instrument display, it would be reasonable to imagine that this is software driven and not a hardware issue.


mike72uk
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by mike72uk » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:54 pm

MRB wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:35 am
The 19 MY cars have a different virtual instrument layout and design, is it possible to update the 17 / 18 MY vehicles?

Clearly the ICT Pro system can be updated but this is entirely separate to the instrument display, it would be reasonable to imagine that this is software driven and not a hardware issue.
MRB,

Indeed reasonable to imagine, given its just software. I have previously asked to have my digital display updated to the MY19 look (dials either side of central information panel) and they have (apparently) applied the latest/current digital cluster version to my MY18, however the look of the display remains the same (large central dial, smaller Rev (speedo in dynamic) to the right and information dial/panel to the left!). Leads me to surmise that there is either some hardware differences between MY7/MY 18 digital displays and those in MY19 cars, or JLR are deliberately maintaining the difference as a differentiator between the older and newer MY's !

If it is a software only item, why not combine all the views and give all owners the option/choice of selecting themselves between the views !

My dealer have been very helpful and accommodating in addressing ongoing issues with ICTP, phase 4 is a lot better, however still a few minor issues that hopefully 18C will address !

Will try again on next dealer visit when hoping for ICTP update to 18C along with CarPlay !

Regards,
Mike
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;


Gato Grande
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm
Location: Overlooking the Isle of Wight

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Gato Grande » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Hello All,

I noticed Wednesday when driving to Shrewsbury for work that the second screen (swiped right) on the standard ITC that the screens are now live and not greyscaled out it now allows you see all and access them, I’ve never had this before, I can now put the camera on and see where I’ve been..😳 I can access ready fuel consumption live on the eco button, and asi as well as launch, I’ve had the car 2 and a half years and now this is live, then the 3rd screen allows you to switch it off completely.

So, question? Should I have had this before? Or has it recently been activated and how coz I’ve not been in a dealership for ages?

Reading about all of the problems with Pro I used to think ‘I’m glad I’ve not got those problems’ the normal is enough my iPod works great through the system as does my phone, the radio is useful and traffic updates have worked, I even inserted a sim and have on the go WiFi which works, so I thought it sufficient 12 GB for 12 months for £20 great value.

What I do like now on the second screen is seeing the eco, part of the journey ooop north I was averaging 58, not as good as down the A19 getting 63 at ave speed of 66 which I thought good. I’ve loved the car and still love seeing it. And, I really feel for anyone who’s had or having problems.
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 1/2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush.......👍😘

Was great as a wedding car


Deltasierra
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:33 pm
Location: Warwick UK

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm

This software can of course can be changed but only within the limits of the microprocessor(s) and the touch screen to display the information" . This is of course providing the maker actually wants the new display on older cars
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible


User avatar
DPinTX
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 am
Contact:

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by DPinTX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:47 am

The TFT Digital dash in the 2019 is a newer version. It is the 2nd Generation panel this has the new layout and can not be applied to the older models.

DP


User avatar
DPinTX
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:15 am
Contact:

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by DPinTX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:03 am

Here is a video of the new 2nd Generation dash layout.



DP
2019 S in Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior
old car 2017 R-Sport in Ingot
A forum post should be like long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FPACE/


Bluefire65
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 pm

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Bluefire65 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 pm

Gato Grande wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 pm
Hello All,

I noticed Wednesday when driving to Shrewsbury for work that the second screen (swiped right) on the standard ITC that the screens are now live and not greyscaled out it now allows you see all and access them, I’ve never had this before, I can now put the camera on and see where I’ve been..😳 I can access ready fuel consumption live on the eco button, and asi as well as launch, I’ve had the car 2 and a half years and now this is live, then the 3rd screen allows you to switch it off completely.

So, question? Should I have had this before? Or has it recently been activated and how coz I’ve not been in a dealership for ages?

Reading about all of the problems with Pro I used to think ‘I’m glad I’ve not got those problems’ the normal is enough my iPod works great through the system as does my phone, the radio is useful and traffic updates have worked, I even inserted a sim and have on the go WiFi which works, so I thought it sufficient 12 GB for 12 months for £20 great value.

What I do like now on the second screen is seeing the eco, part of the journey ooop north I was averaging 58, not as good as down the A19 getting 63 at ave speed of 66 which I thought good. I’ve loved the car and still love seeing it. And, I really feel for anyone who’s had or having problems.
Hello Gato Grande; to answer your question, yes, I believe that you should have had this functionality from day one on the standard system. Certainly, The Eco and Camera functions were available within the ICT system on my 65 XE from day one, as they were on my F-Pace, purchased in May, with the addition of the ASI suite and Wi-Fi functions. Given that you have not been to a dealership for an update and there is no remote update facility it appears to be somewhat of a mystery, especially if linked to the keyless entry issue mentioned in your other post.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018


Gato Grande
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm
Location: Overlooking the Isle of Wight

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Gato Grande » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:33 pm

Bluefire65 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Gato Grande wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 pm
Hello All,

I noticed Wednesday when driving to Shrewsbury for work that the second screen (swiped right) on the standard ITC that the screens are now live and not greyscaled out it now allows you see all and access them, I’ve never had this before, I can now put the camera on and see where I’ve been..😳 I can access ready fuel consumption live on the eco button, and asi as well as launch, I’ve had the car 2 and a half years and now this is live, then the 3rd screen allows you to switch it off completely.

So, question? Should I have had this before? Or has it recently been activated and how coz I’ve not been in a dealership for ages?

Reading about all of the problems with Pro I used to think ‘I’m glad I’ve not got those problems’ the normal is enough my iPod works great through the system as does my phone, the radio is useful and traffic updates have worked, I even inserted a sim and have on the go WiFi which works, so I thought it sufficient 12 GB for 12 months for £20 great value.

What I do like now on the second screen is seeing the eco, part of the journey ooop north I was averaging 58, not as good as down the A19 getting 63 at ave speed of 66 which I thought good. I’ve loved the car and still love seeing it. And, I really feel for anyone who’s had or having problems.
Hello Gato Grande; to answer your question, yes, I believe that you should have had this functionality from day one on the standard system. Certainly, The Eco and Camera functions were available within the ICT system on my 65 XE from day one, as they were on my F-Pace, purchased in May, with the addition of the ASI suite and Wi-Fi functions. Given that you have not been to a dealership for an update and there is no remote update facility it appears to be somewhat of a mystery, especially if linked to the keyless entry issue mentioned in your other post.

Hello Neighbour.....

I’ve e mailed the local dealer tonight in readiness for tomorrow morning and hopefully I’ll get a response, the car locks and stays locked when I’ve not got the key on me, (I’ve just tried it now, 2130) but even in a tin and faraday bag it opens if in my hand, and if in the bag the car starts coz I tried it today. Smitten has said on another post there’s an issue. Looks like I’m taking a steering lock with me tomorrow.....
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 1/2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush.......👍😘

Was great as a wedding car


Barthog
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Barthog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:58 am

A feature on the new My19 tft display is memory! It rembers the desired choice ie full map.
So returning to the car next day your choice is saved on startup until you choose an alternative.
Much better logical thinking!
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4596
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: Instrument Panel Update

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Looks like the Audi / VW display setup.

Maybe they are using the same supplier and hope this will help with there ITCP setup issues.

Fingers crossed things will or have improved.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”