Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Mix two oil brands between services?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  47jag 
#1 ·
Hello,

I've done 30.000Km and the oil level in my Ingenium 2.0D in very near to the minimum mark, so I want to add some oil (1 litre) until my first service when I reach 34.000Km. I've found two oils that has Jaguar Land Rover STJLR.03.5007 "certification":

• Castrol Edge Professional E 0W30
  • Total Quartz INEO FIRST 0W30

As I don't know what's inside my engine now (but it's very probable it's Castrol as it seems Total earned the certification at the end of 2017), is it safe to use any of them mixing different brands (here it's much easier to find Total than Castrol)? Thanks

Best regards

#2 ·
Jaguar recommend Castrol, so there's no need to even consider an alternative. Although the service interval is 34,000km, you would be well advised to regularly check and top up your engine oil, deisels have a habit of burning oil, regardless of whether it's Ingenium or not. I have done about 25,000km in my 2.0d ingenium and so far topped up with 2 litres of Castrol edge as necessary, and as recommended by Jaguar.

#5 ·
I have had Petrol & Diesel 4x4 vehicles for over 20 years and have never had to or expected to add oil between services. My previous VW Touareg was 2 year or 20k miles between services. My present F-Pace had its first service and the oil level was still at 3/4.
If you are adding over 1 Ltr between services then something is wrong..

#6 ·
My previous Audi Avant A6 S-Line 2.0 tdi needed topping off every 5000 miles or so with around 500ml to keep the level on the top line of dip stick. Service was on the variable interval so around 15k miles depending on driving characteristics. Nothing wrong with the car and I did 155,000 miles in it without issue. Oh I forgot, tailgate brakelight failed. That was it apart from servicing/tyres/brakes.

#7 ·
Craigann,

My car has 13000 miles on it in nearly two years and I checked the oil level last week and found it at the low mark. I assume this is the one litre mark.. by coincidence, I got an email from my dealer telling me that the first service is due. The majority of this mileage is motorway and dual carriageway.

Art

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.