F-Pace & LR 3.0 lt. V6 Diesel - Oil & Filter Test Anomalies?

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Deltasierra

Re: F-Pace & LR 3.0 lt. V6 Diesel - Oil & Filter Test Anomalies?

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:45 am

A few comments on the DPF issues

June16 regenerating outline, was interesting in that time of year affected length of time taken to complete

Injecting fuel post turbo , would the exhaust gas be hot enough to ignite the fuel and burn efficiently ?

D5 issues are reputedly caused by DPF at rear of vehicle, where is 3.0d F Pace DPF ?

Mine called for service at 9k but that was 12 months anyway.

Interesting Bladerunners findings maybe I'll draw a sample off at about 7k since service and get it checked.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:35 am

I will continue to change oil at 5- 6,000 on all 3.0 V6 Diesel JLR Vehicles - this is reinforced by Oil Test result values around 1-3% Diesel Dilution, those vehicles with higher levels 3-7% plus - I believe is due to short/local runs which result in low exhaust temps, thus not allowing complete regen etc. which in turn leads to blocked DPF units, my service history confirms that vehicles driving 1 hr. plus daily highway miles are returning better/lower Dilution levels, I still prefer to change mine at 5,000 and will continue to do so.

Conclusion: I would like to have a "very" long relationship with my own vehicle so I will continue and recommend service practices above, I hope this helps?.

Jasonfpace

Post by Jasonfpace » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 am

Hi all,

Just to add, my 3l V6 was in for an oil change last week, previous service was in September. Have only done approx 4000 miles so very disappointed it needed an oil change. My father has same engine in the new disco and has had 2 oil changes and a service in just over a year. JLR have covered the cost but once they decide they won’t do this then at £300-£350 each change it gets expensive.

For me it’s clear they have a problem.

Anyone else had to have oil changes with this engine in between services?
White 3.0d, black/red seats and black roof, privacy glass, black pack, 22" double helix, panoramic sliding roof, cup holder cover and rear release lever.

Telemarkskier

Post by Telemarkskier » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 am

Has the new discovery sport, yet to be released/new evoque, now available to order got new exhaust SCRF architecture?

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Telemarkskier wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 am
Has the new discovery sport, yet to be released/new evoque, now available to order got new exhaust SCRF architecture?
The jury is out on that one over on the DS forum , no ones managed to look underneath the new Evoque yet.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:51 am

Jasonfpace wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:02 am
Hi all,

Just to add, my 3l V6 was in for an oil change last week, previous service was in September. Have only done approx 4000 miles so very disappointed it needed an oil change. My father has same engine in the new disco and has had 2 oil changes and a service in just over a year. JLR have covered the cost but once they decide they won’t do this then at £300-£350 each change it gets expensive.

For me it’s clear they have a problem.

Anyone else had to have oil changes with this engine in between services?
Have you been doing a lot of short journeys, some are saying that it takes 30 to 40 mins of continuous driving to regenerate the DPF otherwise it starts from scratch, so if you’re doing all journeys less than say 20 miles it’s trying to regenerate continuously .
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”