Replacement Wiring Harness

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Tabletop

Replacement Wiring Harness

Post by Tabletop » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Car is currently in dealer awaiting replacement wiring harness.
2.0D 10 months old. 23,000 miles

Working faultlessly until 3 weeks ago then many faults showing up including BLIS, Parking sensors, ACC and Headlights.
Diagnostics and back to Jaguar to get input and recommendation is to replace wiring harness.

My issue is the dealer is unable to give an estimated delivery time for the part to arrive. Could be two months.

Has any else experienced this issue and also the problem with lack of estimated delivery date for parts.

I understand Summer holidays may contribute to the delay in delivery.

Jagfpacejk

Re: Replacement Wiring Harness

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:21 pm

That’s a massive job as it will mean taking out a lot of the interior to achieve this as a lot of the harness runs along the cars floor.

I would be looking at some sort of gurentee that when this work is complete that other issues are not going to happen.

Sorry not trying to bring bad news but it’s taking out a lot of items to achieve the work your talking about.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am

Reject the car now, 2 months without a new car is unacceptable, their reasons are irrelevant, parts, holidays etc, that is not your problem.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am

RaVolVoR wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am
Reject the car now...
Practically speaking, I think that may be quite difficult after 10 months and 23,000 miles!

Hope your problem gets resolved Tabletop, it sounds very odd that so many faults should suddenly start happening and that they have diagnosed a replacement wiring harness as the solution. I'm not even sure how they can do that without taking your car completely to pieces. I wonder what could have suddenly happened to the wiring three weeks ago to start causing these problems, unless you left it parked on a beach somewhere while the tide came in? . . sounds more likely it could be electronic chip failure issues. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Replacing the whole loom is massive even if it is possible because parts ot it are embedded in the structure, my guess is they're just replacing the part that runs the headlights, parking sensors etc.

I assume you have a credible courtesy car so you will just have to wait it out until they fix it or give up and give you a new one. Wiring looms do fail, a mate of mine had a 6 mth old Disco 3 and all the windows lowered and would not raise, LR couldn't fix it so he got a new one...
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:26 pm

catwoman wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am
RaVolVoR wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am
Reject the car now...
Practically speaking, I think that may be quite difficult after 10 months and 23,000 miles!
I agree it's difficult but not impossible and I also suggested legal advice. Most Fpace are £40k upwards and should last longer than 10months. In addition how many components will need replacing afterwards? What damage has been done to the cars systems? I fear you could end up with a car that is never going to fully work correctly again, plus how much trim rattle will exist? I would investigate my options sinner rather than later.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”