Front and rear Windshield washer's not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
engin251

Front and rear Windshield washer's not working

Post by engin251 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:38 am

Has anyone had this problem before ?
I just picked up the car yesterday from the dealer, is a new my17 fpace, and last night when i activated the washers, no water was coming to the front or rear windsshield. The light washer works tough, you can hear the pump, but no any sound for the front or back
thank you

philmayfield

Re: Front and rear Windshield washer's not working

Post by philmayfield » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:11 am

I know it might be obvious but is there water in the reservoir? Dealers are supposed to do a pdi but in my experience they never do. Why did my last Porsche have 45psi in the tyres?

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:43 am

Also models with halogen headlights have no reservoir level warning light.... go figure a 35k car minimum when new and it doesn't have this on all cars!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:49 pm

If you have light washers then you have xenon lights.
The system washes the lights every four washes of the window.
If the fluid is low it does not wash the lights and only does the windows.

This suggests there is a pipe off the bottle not connected somewhere as the light washers are still working. back to dealer I guess unless you can see the pipe off the bottle.?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

engin251

Post by engin251 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:57 pm

I have led lamps.
There îs water în The reservoir because i added it to make IT full, this was The first thing i checked
I suspect îs fault of the pump, as there îs no Sound when activating The washers

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:59 pm

engin251 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:57 pm
I have led lamps.
There îs water în The reservoir because i added it to make IT full, this was The first thing i checked
I suspect îs fault of the pump, as there îs no Sound when activating The washers
Yes , sorry xenon or LED have the headlight washers which behave the same way. It might be the pump has jammed , in any case a dealer job , it’s a shame they didn’t test them as it must be part of their multi point check on a vehicle prior to sale. Then again some dealer delivery checks are nothing more than give it a wash. :roll:
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:51 am

engin251 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:38 am
Has anyone had this problem before ?
I just picked up the car yesterday from the dealer, is a new my17 fpace, and last night when i activated the washers, no water was coming to the front or rear windsshield. The light washer works tough, you can hear the pump, but no any sound for the front or back
thank you
Check you do not have a pipe split inside your car, Jaguar are stupid enough to use small pieces of tube and hold them together with small cheap and nasty clips running inside the whole of your cars floor pan, if one has blown apart your have water under your carpet, i had this happen to me and it filled the underside of the carpets full of water and covered all the floor pans electrical contacts.

The washer jets never worked for me front or back but i did have washer motor sound, for you to have no sound is a surprise as there is separate motors to the front and back jets.

Have a look here at my previous post and images.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2475&hilit=water&start=10
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

engin251

Post by engin251 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:22 pm

went to the dealer today, and its the pump, wich is defective. 10 days for pump to arive to romania.
And i told them also about the ICTP patch4, and they said its not yet available for romania, and they upgrade it to phase 3 only.

engin251

Post by engin251 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

so car was yesterday with the dealer, they replace the water pump, all working ok
After i left, after few mins i noticed check engine light on....so i went back, they reset it. And last night, it pooped up again...any tips why is comming ?
will go back tomorrow and hope they will fix it

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:31 pm

engin251 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm
so car was yesterday with the dealer, they replace the water pump, all working ok
After i left, after few mins i noticed check engine light on....so i went back, they reset it. And last night, it pooped up again...any tips why is comming ?
will go back tomorrow and hope they will fix it
Maybe in doing the work they have disturbed a connection on the engine somewhere which is causing the issue.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”