ICT SatNav question

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
LondonFalcon

Re: ICT SatNav question

Post by LondonFalcon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:59 am

Check out the final sentence of this article:-
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/jaguar/i-p ... -and-video
2.0d AWD Auto 180ps Portfolio in Loire Blue with Ebony Windsor Leather interior

Jeanjag

Post by Jeanjag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:19 am

Sat Nav is useless and the phone is better. Took my car in for a problem with the roof the other week and asked if I had missed a Sat Nav update. Sadly not, the service chap I met described exactly what my problems were and these are the standard product. Thought Jag/LR would have sorted this out by now. My old BMW 5 series had a great Sat Nav and I bought that about 7 years ago!
F Pace Portfolio, 2.0D. Black, Light Oyster interior. Sliding roof, In Control Touch Pro Pack, adaptive dynamics pack plus few others.

DjP

Post by DjP » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 am

Traffic data on Google Maps or Waze so much better. Partly due to volume of users and hence data, partly due to how the software uses that data. JLR is a car company so it'll always build better engines than software. Would would be nice is for them to admit that and leverage CarPlay and the Droid equivalent more...

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

I have always used Sygic as my preferred iPhone Sat Nav Software both Google and Apple maps require an internet connection which even in this country can be patchy but abroad especially outside Europe that is crap. Sygic uses Tom Tom maps offline and I paid for world traffic which is online traffic which when I have compared to ICTpro are about the same. The one thing with all sat nav systems is the re-routing they may think they are clever allowing this but in traffic everyone gets the same re-route, what I have always wanted is for the system to give you the option with the times for the routes. My BMW took three quarters of an hour longer re-routing me through east London than it would have done sticking on the route, my Jeep was just as bad and the Jag not much better and the same goes for the mobile sat nav. Generally these days I don't re-route unless I know better or there is a road closure. The only way I found to beat the traffic when commuting from Essex to Reading daily was to leave early to miss the majority of rush hour traffic. Several time I have checked google for traffic especially around the Dartford crossing only to find it is wrong, these systems are only as good as the data that is collected and with traffic that changes so fast so when planning a route I always add time for traffic these days so I am seldom late but generally early.

I always update my in-car sat nav with the latest there are always plenty of sites and ebay suppliers selling the updates for all popular makes including JLR for the DVD versions I used to pay around £40 instead of £200 the SD card ones are about the same it's only the USB update ones which cost more and you can still save around 30% of Navteq prices, I have never had any problems in either my BMW of JLR map updates from these suppliers so they are worth considering as using incontrol or CarPlay you do lose the nice features that the system currently offers.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

DPE

Re: ICT SatNav question- Slow Operation.

Post by DPE » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Has anyone had the problem of the map not rotating North up to show the turning on a large roundabout you need to take. You can be looking at the required exit , but the Blue line on the map is still indicating you to continue on the roundabout a little further on. Just as you get along side the exit and committed to keep driving around. The map rotates, North upwards and you have gone passed the exit you need. Leaving you to lap around the roundabout again ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:40 am

No I have not seen that, sometimes the instructions do seem a bit late to come but not to the point of missing the exit. I have experienced something similar on my previous Jaguar driving on the Paris loop, but the reception level for GPS was really bad with buildings surrounding the road and partially covered roads, also in the UK I have had problems with overhead wires causing problems with the sea nav thinking it is not on the road.

Maybe there is something in the area corrupting the signal so the car doesn't get a correct location.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Needed to do a trip to Manchester yesterday, as I went past the M56 junction the ICT satnav, flashed up " traffic incident reroute?" Computer glitch I suppose, traffic updates are switched off, so ignored it and there was no hold up at all. An imperfect system.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”