ICT SatNav question

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
LondonFalcon

ICT SatNav question

Post by LondonFalcon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 pm

I have the standard ICT system (i.e. not ICTP) and I have the TMC set to 'on'.

Over the weekend we had a long journey with several holdups for traffic. The SatNav showed a warning symbol saying traffic ahead but at no point did it offer up an alternative route. Granted, it may be that the alternative was actually slower but, compared to Googlemaps, it just didn't feel like it was giving up much info. What should i check to make sue I haven't switched something off?

Also, can anyone confirm whether the route line should change colour dependent on the traffic? Mine is blue when a route first appears, but I thought it might change to amber or red when traffic was ahead? We've been stationary on the M25 and the line is still blue. Much prefer the GoogleMap way of doing this.
2.0d AWD Auto 180ps Portfolio in Loire Blue with Ebony Windsor Leather interior

Jasonfpace

Re: ICT SatNav question

Post by Jasonfpace » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Would be pleased to see an answer to this as well. I have the same thoughts...
White 3.0d, black/red seats and black roof, privacy glass, black pack, 22" double helix, panoramic sliding roof, cup holder cover and rear release lever.

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Sat Nav very hit and miss regarding journey warnings and routing. On my car the alternative routing very rarely kicks in but the blue line turns red when there is a traffic problem on the road unfortunately the update is often slow and I have often ended up in a jam first and then the line turns red.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

LondonFalcon

Post by LondonFalcon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Interesting - I have not seen the line turn red in all the time I have had the car, despite sitting in stationary traffic on a fair few occasions. Is it possible that its SIM card related?

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 pm

I think you need to have toe Pro version for traffic updates supposedly on the fly as I don't think this happens with the std. version.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:04 pm

In Navigation settings > Guidance you have the option to Turn TMC Off, Automatically re-route or Manually re-route. You can also select the incidents to be reported.

I have it set to manual re-reoute and when it detects an issue it announces it and the location, then gives me the option to re=route or not. By recollection it also gives an option to review the proposed diversion but from memory it is not easily readable on the move and I now never bother to check; just make a gut decision on whether to re-route.

I assume that if it is set to Auto re-route it will just change the route but unsure if it will announce the change.

As has been said it is not up to the standard of some other guidance software and unlike the Pro system does not use the mobile data system and can therefore be slow to detect an issue and less accurate ie report an issue that is on the opposite carriageway or that has cleared and of no affect to the chosen route. I have never noted any route colour changes.

On long journies I have Google maps running in parallel on the phone and give it's voice prompts priority in conflict situations.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Gato Grande

Post by Gato Grande » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Hiya

I have the standard ICT, mine comes up with alternative route if there’s a problem ahead, coming back from the Lakes last week I was informed by the overheads on the M42 that a smack had occurred on the M40 as I headed south, I got off and followed A3400 and the system actually asked me if I wanted to do this, mines done it quite often now asking if I wish to change routes due to issues ahead, don’t ask me what the settings are as it just does it.

As an aside I had to take the cat back into Inchcape when I got back as the engine management sign came on orange, this when I left Kendall Thursday morning, I’d done 1000 miles between the Sunday and Thursday on work and when that came on 340 miles from home was not best impressed. Jaguar assistance were not good, couldn’t get through to Jaguar in Kendall, sta nav didn’t recognise there postcode due to new dealership. However Jag Kendall when I got there were excellent the receptionist Judith really looked after me giving me cold drinks and pastries, and to take away, and Simon the service advisor also excellent assuring me the car would get me home, and low and behold it did, (in dynamic over parts of the A3400, Greta drive).
It was an oxygen sensor (could be due to the heat), fixed, and off again tomorrow Wales here I come.
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now an Original, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush.......👍😘

Was great as a wedding car

corris

Post by corris » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:28 am

I find it amazing that in 2018, cars in-built sat nav systems are still so woefully awful. My Range Rover Sport cost me £74,000 and I still use my mobile phone for navigation. It's crazy!

And the clock in my Range Rover loses a few minutes a week. So pathetic.

I personally think that Google have unprecedented traffic data, so I just stick to my phone. It's a shame, because I really liked the F Pace's LCD instrument panel, but I'll never use it to display maps, so it isn't something I'll bother buying.

LondonFalcon

Post by LondonFalcon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 am

I'm hoping that Jaguar add Android Auto to the InControl apps, then we should be able to run GoogleMaps through the screen

corris

Post by corris » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:55 am

Is that likely? I've not read anything about that.

I don't know if it's different in the F Pace, but I gave up on the InControl Apps thing because it completely wipes-out all the other built-in functions of the touch screen.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”