ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
V5hal

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by V5hal » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi

My car is going in to Jaguar in a few weeks for the H251 update. Has anyone had the update recently? If so have you experienced any issues?

The ICTP currently works fine in my car so am a bit nervous to get the update done as i have read some comments relating to the update.

Thanks in advance.

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:54 pm
Mine updated to 19C this week haven’t seen what the changes were?
Hello, do someone know now what are the changes with 19C ?
Thanks
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

cjcornish7

Post by cjcornish7 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi
My 2017 fpace recently went in for the H251 update and when I picked it back up I noticed no difference and the ICTP was still the old, 4 tile version.
When I questioned it with the dealership I was told that the update was pulled due to it being faulty and that was why I didn't get the upgrade.

Does anyone know if this update will be reinstated or whether any other update can be done to give Android Auto ability on a 2017 model (and how to get the dealership to apply it)?

Thanks

cj987

Post by cj987 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Sounds odd - mine was updated to 19b in October when I bought the car. 251 disappeared off Topix as outstanding for mine at that point. Its been into a different dealer this week, I mentioned it had never had an OTA update. They updated it to 19c and said it will be good going forward. Cant see any difference between 19b and c....
3.0d S AWD, Loire Blue & Black pack

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:58 pm

cjcornish7 wrote: Does anyone know if this update will be reinstated or whether any other update can be done to give Android Auto ability on a 2017 model (and how to get the dealership to apply it)?
After 3 years of ownership I was booked in for the H251 update back in November. However, after much deliberation I decided not to proceed simply because their wasn't enough to tempt me and as I've had little or no problems couldn't see the point in risking it and having looked and played with the updated system on a courtesy vehicle I do prefer the look of the original software that came with the car when I bought it new back in 2016. I might have been tempted if the update included the move from 3G to 4G but it didn't. That involves hardware as well so stuck with 3G forever. One thing that really put me off was because my car was 2016 H251 involved going through a series of updates first to get to the H251 update point and recalling the nightmares some have had over the years I wasn't going to be another one. Plus my dealership hadn't done one on an F-pace that was that old!

Anyway, after reading your post I thought I would check topix and the outstanding campaign against my vehicle has disappeared even though I had it confirmed from Jaguar it had no expiry and if I changed my mind could do so in future.

A quick email to my dealer and they confirmed it wasn't on their system either. In general JLR found it to be too unstable and have currently suspended the update. How many times have I read that over the years! My dealer has since done a few. One took 3 days and another 16 hours. I'm now glad I wasn't their Guinea pig.

At the end of the day I guess it's all personal choice and how you use the system. I expect many have had the update and everything is tickety boo just like me with original software, little or no problem whilst others at the very beginning had lemons.

No doubt the update will be back again in some form but it won't be for me that's for sure.
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

Just on further comment re the above post by Arnie. I too have had mine just over three years and at the last service had the H251 update installed which they did without any problems although the early updates back some 2.5 years ago did have some issues.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:19 am

You see, just like I said it does work for others. Well done Markotley. I tip my hat to you. I love the car but my faith in JLR with this sort of thing just isn't there. By now it should be high 90's success rate allowing a bit of human error at dealerships. Having worked on the motor trade, some at JLR, I have pretty good experience of the general mentality of how dealerships work behind the scenes and the manufacturers.
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

cj987

Post by cj987 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Found elsewhere, looks like a bulletin - MY17 and older are SDD 2018 onwards are pathfinder - as I understand it,

Title CAMPAIGN H251/N377 – ‘PROJECT SUNRISE’ IMPORTANT UPDATE CAMPAIGN PAUSE FOR SDD VEHICLES
Category Electrical
Last modified 10-Jan-2020 00:00:00

This is an Owner Notified Programme (ONP) to update InControl Touch Pro software in 16-18MY vehicles to version 19B, from 18A or earlier levels. This free-of-charge software update is a significant step forward in our infotainment functionality and quality which also includes, our Smartphone pack allowing customers to experience Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (subject to local availability and minimum specifications). Following this software update customers will be able to connect their vehicle to WiFi or use a SIM connection to download future NGI updates without needing to visit a retailer.
Through the delivery of this campaign we have a great opportunity to enhance the customer experience and their perception of our technology. This increased satisfaction will lead to improved brand loyalty.
This is an ideal opportunity for retailers to also assess a customer’s current vehicle and offer demonstrations and test drives in the latest models.
CAMPAIGN PROGRESS?
The campaign started on 25th September 2019 for Pathfinder vehicles using the NDU (USB) tool, and SDD tool followed on 4th October 2019.
Great progress has been made and over 120k vehicles globally have been updated from the population of 522k.
CHANGE TO SDD VEHICLE UPDATE POLICY
We are responding to regional feedback identifying that updating older vehicles with the SDD tool is impacting workshop efficiency and are therefore implementing a freeze on updates for these vehicles whilst Product Engineering develop an NDU solution capable of updating this population.

NEXT ACTIONS FOR SDD VEHICLES
Claims for vehicle updates must be entered before 17 January 2020 when the remaining SDD vehicles will be force-closed in the warranty system
Vehicle bookings for this update shall be honoured up to 16 January 2020, at the discretion of the Service Manager, to ensure the best Customer Experience
A TOPIX update on 17 December 2019 will announce the temporary suspension of SDD vehicles from this campaign
Following the TOPIX update, vehicles booked in for other work e.g. servicing shall not receive this campaign update at this stage
Customers making contact to arrange an appointment shall be advised that this work can be carried out, provisionally from late March 2020 when the new tool is made available
Once the new tool is available the vehicles will be re-instated in the campaign, this will be accompanied with a follow up briefing message and in TOPIX
3.0d S AWD, Loire Blue & Black pack

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks cj987 very useful update. Cheers
3.0 D S ICTP 22" wheels

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:49 pm

I wonder what the new tool is, SDD is licensed from Ford which has now expired. Maybe they will update pathfinder to support older vehicles which shouldn’t be too difficult as pathfinder is an OEM version of AVLDiTest which does support those cars generically.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack