ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Rusk

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Rusk » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Well today my F-Pace went in for the software update and to have the smart pack enabled. I just got the call which I assumed was the "your car is ready" but instead was a request to keep my car until tomorrow. They said the update went fine but when they came to start my car to move it out the bay it "lit up like a Christmas tree" with all lights flashing and all warning lights and sounds chiming off. Now got to wait until tomorrow to see if a reload of the update fixes it.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 pm

19A is the current version I looked on Topix for something else yesterday and just checked to see if there were any updates, Phase 5 hasn't been released yet so there must be some problems that need ironing out. 19C is available but it says it is only available through SOTA (Software over the air) upgrade and the only thing for the F-Pace that is listed in the release notes is rear camera judder should be fixed which appeared in 19A. I am still undecided what to do as I'm on 18D which is okay apart from the USB although my car is stuck in a dealers with what may be a more serious software problem.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 pm

I am booked in for phase 5 update on June 17 but I suspect it won't be happening in this case. I will have a chat to the dealer tomorrow and see what they know.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Well I hadn't heard anything from the garage yet today so I called them. My car hasn't even been touched yet today and they are now saying they hope to get to it tomorrow. This was meant to be a couple of hour job and is turning into a three day ordeal with no car. I said if you are keeping it another day I need a car. The lady seemed to stifle a sigh and told me someone will call me back to discuss. An hour later and no call. I wonder if an offer to cancel my SVR order and go elsewhere would speed things up...

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Ok, I rang the dealer back after three hours of no returned call. Service was closed but an admin person answered the phone. They managed to go get an update for me. Apparently when my car was updated yesterday the fault messages wasn't all that went wrong. The car was completely wiped to the point that it didn't even know what engine was installed (I'm guessing she wasn't meant to give me this level of detail). They had to go to Jaguar today to ask for help and my car is now plugged in being worked on (can Jag remote in and reload everything?).

They have come up with a car for me in the morning but say my car should be ready by lunchtime. I've said if it isn't ready by then I'll be by to pick the loan car up. Even if it is just for a couple of hours. It is the principle

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:45 am

Wow - that’s worrying - fingers crossed. Worth checking your mileage is still correct if they wiped it that much...
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

I have had that happen when programming an XF with voice the download gets interrupted and the car gets bricked. Basically they have to reload the factory build into the car which can be difficult if the car is not talking properly. In my case I thing it was a third party rear camera connected to the CAN bus but in other cases I have heard of it has been a faulty junction box which holds the config file. When I first started programming cars I was warned of this if the battery voltage drops during programming that can have the same affect. Hopefully when they fix it you get 19A or newer which allows over the air updates which hopefully will stop that happening.
Is your car a pre MY18 as the system they used to talk to the car was a lot slower and more susceptible to errors.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Good news! I got my car back today. 19A loaded on now along with apple carplay. I have only driven two half hour trips today but so far things seem very positive. The Jag satnav is much MUCH more responsive. I can actually zoomer and move around the map now without waiting 5-10 seconds between actions. The parking cameras also load way more quickly too which is very handy. I also feel like the Jag nav map has had a res boost or something. The map seems crisper or sharper somehow, perhaps it is just smoother and the movement is much less laggy so seems that way.

I have already had a bug pop up that was one of the ones I listed to the dealer to get this update in the first place. When on the two dial dash layout and the middle screen as the map it flashes back to blank or the picture of the F-Pace and it goes from junction detail back to map or vice versa. It doesn't happen every time and is only a very quick flash but still a little annoying.

Apply carplay is very well implemented (shame it isn't the newest wireless version but plugging in helps keep the battery charged up!). It is nice being able to choose between apple maps, google maps or waze. I haven't played much more than using the different maps. It seems though that you can't use the carplay navs and then have it come up on the digital dash which I find rather disappointing, perhaps I haven't found a setting somewhere yet?

All in all 19A is a massive improvement and I'm glad I got it done.

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:45 am

Can you ear incoming calls when in Car Play ?
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Double checking with my local dealer I am told I will receive the Phase 5 update on Monday 17th. They say its been out "a couple of weeks" and they have successfully installed it but I do wonder what version I am actually about to receive and if the service person I spoke to has recently visited Ireland and kissed the blarney stone . We shall see. Apparently it should be "straightforward" and the car will be ready to collect same day. Fingers and toes will be crossed and I'll be holding my thumbs as they do in Scandinavia as well! It will also have a new reversing camera fited under warranty and the update will include Apple Carplay and Android Auto free of charge.

What could possibly go wrong...

More when I see it working properly ;)
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”