ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
corriescar66

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:52 pm
That would not be a media fault if the vehicle is jumpy I'd get it to a dealer to check that problem out. The infotainment software is effectively sandboxed from all the vehicle software so that it can't cause problems. It takes CAN bus feeds but all communications between media bits is over its own network.
All manufacturers do this as they realise the media system is more likely to crash than any other as it is one complete system, basically there is a small PC they call the infotainment master controller in the car. All other car electronics are semi-autonomous so that car functions can still operate even if one module goes faulty e.g Limp home mode.
I'm sure it is 'sandboxed', however having had every update since 2.5 in Nov 2016, I can categorically state that having these updates has resulted in REAL changes/problems with suspension, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, parking sensors, bluetooth and the lighthouse of all crap updates, in my car at least, the memory steering column - which sticks in the entry position when the software is equivalent to Windows Vista!

Also, there is going to be a noticeable effect on performance as often the memorised 'driving style' features are wiped when you get the car back, so you start from scratch again....

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Sat May 04, 2019 11:46 am

Just had the latest update as they had to update to install Android @ Apple Carplay. Installed last Tuesday and so far no problems. I bought the car in November 2016 and apart from the early days regarding connectivity and later the sat nav the car has been trouble free.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Youngmann

Post by Youngmann » Sat May 04, 2019 5:05 pm

MRB wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:37 pm
Jim wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:50 pm
Do the MY19 cars in the UK with ICTP still have the Twin USB ports + HDMI + sim card configuration or has the HDMI port been dropped?
NO different markets have different configurations hence the list.
Hi MrB
Did you get this issue solved? I have ictp too with 2 usb only. Can you get car play or android auto on? Thanks!

MRB

Post by MRB » Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 am

Unfortunately not, according to my dealer it just can't be done as the wiring loom is completely different.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri May 10, 2019 9:47 am

Phase 5 is definitely not available yet I have been doing all the updates on my SDD and pathfinder and NGI update is on phase 4 007.08.001 which is the latest iteration of 19C. Having watched the updates more carefully this time I can tell that the OS for the Infotainment master controller(IMC) is Linux this is a major shift as the others were all manufacturer specific (Denso).
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 am

Well I've got my F-Pace booked in for an update. I'm currently on 18B so I'm hoping to see a lot of improvements. Amazingly I have to wait a month before they can look at it and that is without a car. If I'd waited for a car it was nearly 2 months wait...

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri May 10, 2019 12:39 pm

My dealer advised late May before phase 5 update which they were expecting imminently would be past the teething stage so, a wait may play to your advantage. I am booked in for mid June for phase 5 but let's see if it actually happens. The dealer recommended waiting for 5 as there have been so many issues with recent versions....
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

DAL

Post by DAL » Sun May 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Got mine back from it's 3 year service on Friday complete with the latest ICTP V4 S19A I think. All seems to be working ok for now but have only done a short trip...
Born 29th Apr 2016: FPACE S 3L Super Charged, Glacier White, Black Pack, 22" wheels, ASR, Pan roof, Priv Glass, LED's, Prac pack, InTouch C-Pro, Mood Lights, 14 Way sports seats + mem pack, red/black leather, Heated S Steering wheel, HUD

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am

Other than the USB problems I have found with 19C last night driving round the M25 on entering the homes dale tunnel as usual the lights came on and the display changed to night mode. On exit the lights went off I was using the map on the dash display which went back to day mode the main screen flickered and the home screen went to what I would call half and half the background was still dark the foreground colours were day colours and the text was now black with a white shadow and all was a bit out of focus. The screens off of home were all OK and worked fine but the home screen was now stuck in this weird mode even switching the display off failed to cure it. Obviously I couldn't switch the car off as I'm driving but this is another error to take back to the dealer when I take it for its first service.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Felixstowe

ICTP

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone confirm for me what the latest version of ICTP is please. I am currently running 19A which I still have problems with, has anyone got a later version that appears to be stable.
Thanks 😎
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”