ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Reggraham

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Reggraham » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

My Primary phone is an iPhone and the screen quality is not bad but definitely not as sharp and clear as the ICT Pro screens. The Sygic Sat Nav I use is the same screen quality in both Apple CarPlay and Incontrol and both are full screen. I also have a Samsung Galaxy A3 from the company I work for a crap phone but if I want better I have to provide it myself. It being Android I thought I would try Android Auto to see if I can switch easily between phones. Occasionally when driving I have missed a call on the work phone as it is not connected. The screen isn't full screen and the quality is crap I couldn't make it full screen and I have yet to try incontrol on the phone.

CarPlay is better and as usual Android Auto just feels like an after thought add-on like everything else on Android and unlike Apple unless it's based on Google Maps you are not getting it, Sygic and TomTom are available for incontrol but not Android Auto, Sygic say that Google would not allow their app on Android Auto. But at least I can now have two phones connected to the car
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

ptolemyiv

Post by ptolemyiv » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Got the 18D version update and lo and behold the audio is crackling on most sources, phone call audio and music via USB stick constantly cutting out... Never had this on phase 2 :(

Any suggestions?
3L Petrol, Loire blue, Ultimate Black, Pano, AdaptLED, AadaptCC, BlindSpot, LaneKeep, Privacy, Parking, 18-way memory, ITCP, 825W, Cold Climate Pack

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Mines fine get it straight back to the dealer as it sounds more like a physical problem that has been shown up by updating the firmware. Mine is clear and crisp, USB is still not 100% reliable, but that is nothing new since any of my Jags had a USB interface.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Got 18D installed last weekend and everything is working absolutely fine. For now...
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Well, after a couple of thousand trouble free miles in my FP, the ICTP screen went totally black today whilst out driving and would not come on, no matter what I tried. Even turned off, locked the car and left it whilst I went shopping, expecting it to come good when I got back. No chance.

So, I'm left with a fully loaded FP that now has no radio, no music of any kind, no sat nav, no telephone, no parking sensors, no park assist, no reversing camera, faulty speed sign recognition, partial lane keep assist and so on.

I'll be at the dealers in the morning to see what they can do.

I knew I was buying into a car where the infotainment system was known to be buggy, but to not work at all, that's something else.

As a minimum, I'd expect an update to 18D and probably a new head-unit in the first instance, and of course a courtesy car for myself (suitable for my baby's car seat and pram), for the duration of the repair.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Grey Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist, tow-bar and lumbar).

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:13 pm

By the way, I should add that the current version is either 3 or 3.5 - as I've got park assist, I don't have the helmet icon. Nor have I worked out if the car can read text messages out to me. I'd expect the update to v4. As I have the sim slot in the armrest, I'd also expect Apple CarPlay to be implemented.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Grey Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist, tow-bar and lumbar).

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:07 am

From you last post you have an iPhone apple doesn't seem to support SMS to speech over bluetooth at present where Android does. Sounds very much like you have a controller failure, the ICTP is basically a micro PC which is situated in the tail section of the car. Not sure what operating system it is running yet but most likely to be linux based as most systems like that are. It's not an off the peg system that JLR have adapted but one they seem to have built from almost scatch. If was off the shelf someone would by now have publish hacks and cracks to get into much like the Denso systems of previous Jags and other cars.
At least it has happened in warranty I can't imagine how much JLR will charge for a replacement unit.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 am

Took the car into the local dealership at the weekend - even though the screen had come good again, they seemed very unsurprised to hear of my trouble with the ICTP system and have booked it in for a software update at the end of the month.

The chap on the booking in desk even mentioned that although they'd be putting version 4 of the software on, there was a version 5 coming in the near future, hinting that there's things that still need improving on version 4.

Oh well, I get to slum it in an XE, hopefully for no longer than a day as it's not ideal for my ISOfix child seat kit, and then we'll see what the V4 experience is like.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:20 am

MiCoHi wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 am
Took the car into the local dealership at the weekend - even though the screen had come good again, they seemed very unsurprised to hear of my trouble with the ICTP system and have booked it in for a software update at the end of the month.

The chap on the booking in desk even mentioned that although they'd be putting version 4 of the software on, there was a version 5 coming in the near future, hinting that there's things that still need improving on version 4.

Oh well, I get to slum it in an XE, hopefully for no longer than a day as it's not ideal for my ISOfix child seat kit, and then we'll see what the V4 experience is like.
Remember to ask for Apple Car play / android auto free , if you’ve had issues with ICTP this will save you paying for that update later.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:59 am

You mean it's possible to update the car software (this is the same as the ICTP software isn't it?) to version 4 and NOT put Apple Car Play on? I have the SIM slot in the armrest (although have yet to find a SIM that works!), so my FP is ACP compatible.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”