ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jim

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Jim » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm

With regards to screen layout (4:3) it is possible to adjust this in AA settings on your phone, the instructions our somewhere on this or the Velar forum and they worked fine on my Samsung S8. It involves giving yourself access to the developer settings in AA and selecting the 720 and 1080 screen options.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:16 am

Jim wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 pm
With regards to screen layout (4:3) it is possible to adjust this in AA settings on your phone, the instructions our somewhere on this or the Velar forum and they worked fine on my Samsung S8. It involves giving yourself access to the developer settings in AA and selecting the 720 and 1080 screen options.
Yep! That worked! Makes it much better. Doesn't fill the screen fully but must more pleasing on the eye.

ITSNev

Post by ITSNev » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:15 pm

I’m currently sitting in Jaguar waiting for phase 4 18D to be install with Apple Car Play. This is suppose to fix a large number of issues four with phase 4 18C. Not sure I want to go through another update as whilst the service and support from jaguar has been excellent, the reliability of the communications channel to make the update has not been great.

ksf

Post by ksf » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:34 pm

I also agree that Phase4 will be enhanced with minor improvements.
I suppose Phase5 would come with new hardware on new car models.

poooood

Post by poooood » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi all
i just bought an F-Pace with ICTP from 05/2017.
how can i know witch phase is my ICTP ?
and is there anybody here from france (paris) who did the upgrade to have apple carplay ?
thanks

ksf

Post by ksf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:06 pm

poooood wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:20 pm
Hi all
i just bought an F-Pace with ICTP from 05/2017.
how can i know witch phase is my ICTP ?
and is there anybody here from france (paris) who did the upgrade to have apple carplay ?
thanks
there is a sticky post dedicated to your question:
ICTP versions - with photos to identify which iteration you have

Phase4 has 2 versions: 18C initial and 18D latest to date.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Mine is a Phase 4 it came with 18B, apart from no take me home my biggest bug bear was erratic USB behaviour. You select an artist it plays fine, stop the car the next start it either loses the USB or plays what was playing two or three sessions ago. The car had to go in for squeaky Brakes twice so on the second visit I asked them to upgrade to see if it would fix the USB. It seems better but I haven't had chance to fully test it. I do now have the take me home as well as ACP/AA. I haven't tested AA but ACP doesn't seem much better than Incontrol Apps I never use Google Maps or Apple Maps in Anger, I have always used Sygic or TomTom as I much prefer offline Maps so much faster. Sygic is on Incontrol Apps and ACP and is the same on both, the display on ACP is the same as I have seen on a BMW X3 with ACP in the USA it offers so little above ICTP I may only use it occasionally to send and answer message via SIRI until JLR support texting via ICTP.

It still bugs me that when I push the seat button to manage the seats it stays there even after pressing the button again unlike ICT on which the screen returns to where it was before much more sensible.

Other than the seat niggle I am getting used to it there is so much of it that sometimes I just switch the display off and drive the car which is what I bought it for in the first place.
The Infotainment systems are becoming too much of a distraction on all cars to the point that the drivers attention is diverted away from the road, voice control is good but not quite there yet for all functions, when it can control aircon, lights wipers etc. as well sat nav media and phones then it will be a complete system.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

poooood

Post by poooood » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Ok thanks! Sorry i didn’t Search ...
I tried to find also but...
The version of my phase (2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) depends on the update (18a,b,c,d) or it is somerhing totally different ?

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

Yes version number and phase number go hand in hand fo ICTP, until there is a major uplift of vehicle facelift etc the ICTP hardware won't change the part numbers vary slightly but the product is still the same. There will be minor hardware versions to fix problems that have occurred and that may affect running later versions of the software but the system was designed to accept upgrades from day one but obviously dealers will want to charge for the work, I can't see JLR charging for updates.

Currently it is only JLR dealers and independents that have shelled out for Pathfinder and the DOIP (Diagnostics over IP) that can work on MY17 and newer vehicles as Jaguar did change the junction box firmware and hardware in a major update of vehicle electronics. I have been making mods to most JLR cars and SDD doesn't recognise any vehicle built from June 17 so I can't even do my own.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

ptolemyiv

Post by ptolemyiv » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:42 pm

So I finally had my car serviced and, after some initial attempts at not updating the software to the latest version, the dealer updated to phase 4 and also installed the smartphone activation pack for free (again took some negotiation!)

It worked right away on my Huawei mate 20 Pro and I was able to go into developer options to make the screen display wider (albeit still not quite full screen).

I am a bit taken aback though by how poor quality the overall display looks though - the screen looks very low res with flat colours and looks like something from years ago. When you select back to ICTP it is noticeably brighter and sharper.

I assume everyone experiences this - are there any known fixes or improvements?
3L Petrol, Loire blue, Ultimate Black, Pano, AdaptLED, AadaptCC, BlindSpot, LaneKeep, Privacy, Parking, 18-way memory, ITCP, 825W, Cold Climate Pack

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”