ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
June16

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Steve L wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:06 pm
June16 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Car went in for service, ICTP update done and despite what I was told before, now has CarPlay installed. So far all working ok.
Good news !
Posted too soon, when I said all working ok. Ambient lighting keeps returning to default settings and instrument cluster display theme not being saved when changed, defaults to technical with Jaguar logo (no clock).
Yes the ambient light is a know pen issue , guess the next update will fix.
I can set the display on the instrument cluster ok though, I’ve set to the music and that has stayed ok.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

ptolemyiv

Post by ptolemyiv » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Anyone had a dealer in or around London (ideally North East) who has updated the smartphone activation pack? I originally bought from beadles but too far away and closest place (rockar jaguar which registers as Westfield Stratford) claimed they aren't installing it!
3L Petrol, Loire blue, Ultimate Black, Pano, AdaptLED, AadaptCC, BlindSpot, LaneKeep, Privacy, Parking, 18-way memory, ITCP, 825W, Cold Climate Pack

PLR3R

Post by PLR3R » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 am

After reporting on 30.11.2018 that after my ITCP upgrade my system was ok, it has worked perfectly until today when the Radio locked up, wouldn’t do anything and my station list box was empty! It took me three attempts at locking and unlocking the car before the gremlin was removed and all appears to be functioning normally again. In addition with my Android phone simply connected to charge up but apparently not using Android Auto, I noticed my on-board SIM was rinsing data. Seems a bit odd !
I was going to report that since my Patch 4.0 all was hunky dory with the ITCP but I would obviously have given it a commentator’s curse. 😳
2.0 D Portfolio Auto AWD. IRR . 18 way Front Seats. Adaptive Dynamics. ICTP 380w. Privacy Glass. Space Saver Spare.
PureGuard (waste of money). 🙂

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:58 am

ksf wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm
few of my issues after the 18C update + smartphone pack installation (2017 built / 2018MY)

1. Car play does not work. when I plug it into any of the USB ports - just says "Apple Car play not available". Tried both ports, many different cables.
2. Incontrol Apps stopped working also. says "Incontrol apps not available".
3. Navigation is on mute, no sound for announcements.
4. Voice control - stopped working all together. when I press the button - nothing happens. why I try to open the function on the touchscreen - nothing happens.

will bring this to the dealer, though I think not much he can do if there is no newer software patch.
Just got mine back from the dealer and I have the same issue with voice control not working with exactly the same symptom - nothing happens when I push the voice button. Did you find a way to get it to work/was dealer able to sort it out? Thanks
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

ksf

Post by ksf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Hi tonythehoolet!
no progress on Voice control yet.
I got the Carplay and Incontrol Apps fixed, but Navigation has no sound and Voice control is not working.
also my Remote app is now working. However lost Mobile Data - just shows striked through G icon instead of 4G and no internet.

I have booking on 28th of December, hopefully will be fixed. my dealer is good, but if those are software issues and there are no updates, little they can do... let me know if yours gets fixed before that.

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:57 pm

ksf wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 pm
Hi tonythehoolet!
no progress on Voice control yet.
I got the Carplay and Incontrol Apps fixed, but Navigation has no sound and Voice control is not working.
also my Remote app is now working. However lost Mobile Data - just shows striked through G icon instead of 4G and no internet.

I have booking on 28th of December, hopefully will be fixed. my dealer is good, but if those are software issues and there are no updates, little they can do... let me know if yours gets fixed before that.
I have been playing and I am a little further forward but don't yet have it working to my satisfaction. I connected my handset via the Android auto app to try that out for the first time and USB and the voice recognition worked both in Android Auto (talking to Google) and then on the Jaguar voice control. If I then subsequently disconnected my phone from USB/turned off Android auto the Jaguar voice recognition continued to work.

However if I then re-started my car, the voice button again failed to respond... but began to do so 5 minutes after re-start !!! I'll play further tomorrow...
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 pm

KSF - mine now seems to work ok. Setting up Android auto seems to have kicked it into life. Now when I start the car and drive (irrespective of whether there is a phone attached) voice activation works fine

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm

The other thing that kicks it into life for voice is doing a map update , if your car needs one.
The speach files are in map updates for ICTP.
I opened the update file many moons ago and saw them listed for each language, so even if you don’t need a map update , if you use voice for music or maps for ICTP it’s worth updating when you can.

I also remember when mine was updated to 18c my dealer did tell me that the screen appears quicker , but don’t be fooled , the system is still firing up in the back ground , in essence it is no quicker than the old 2.5 or 3.5 system, it just appears so .

I wait till the radio starts playing then plug in the iPhone , everything works ok then.
If I plug in too quick it sometimes doesn’t get its act together for voice.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

ksf

Post by ksf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:24 pm

I have updated the maps - no joy.
on ACP I can use Waze and it has announcements working fine, also voice control I don't use often - so not critical issues, I will let the dealer check on my next visit.
those seem to be almost last issues I want to sort out with my car :) remaining other ones are
1. upgrade of screen washers
2. investigating if it is possible to get MY2019 graphics on the instrument cluster (where infopanel in in center).

Jim

Post by Jim » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:37 pm

ksf, looking at the new graphical instrument panels I suspect that they are a higher resolution screen (more pixels/inch) and therefore it might not be possible without a hardware change as well.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”