ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
June16

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Noticed an annoying issue today.
Started car
Took steering lock of ...gives ICTP time to start...
Connected iPhone
Hit the cross on the box so not to select car play or apps
Using voice to select an artist by “play rod Stewart “ it says “Rod Stewart “ please wait synchronising “ then does nothing.🤬

Not had this issue before , it recognises the speach but won’t play it .

I’m on IPhone

This worked perfectly until today , nothing changed except setting up a personal home screen.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

RockhopperJ

Post by RockhopperJ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm

I've got ICTP 18C on my F-Pace Delivered yesterday but no ACP or AA, just ICTP... Is there another patch required, do I have to have this done at the dealer (and is it chargeable?) or can I download it and install it myself. The Infortainment says there is no Update available when I ask it to check?

I can't add the vehicle to my account as its claims to be already registered to another user for the Jaguar Remote App - suspect the dealer needs to click a link somewhere to let me add it?

Also, the data SIM is missing - I though all MY19 cars came with a free 500MB per months SIM?
25t - R-Sport, Caesium Blue, Black/Red 18-Way, Meridian, Interactive Dash, LED headlamps, Power/Fold mirrors, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps - Born 18/11/18 - Delivered 8/12/18

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 pm

Selwood wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:14 pm
Has anyone had problems updating maps since 18c? I have updated many times in the past but have tried with different USB's since 18c and the system does not go into update mode or even recognise that updated maps are on the USB. So unless the procedure has changed it seems to be a fault?
I have 18c and have updated to the latest map software without any problems...

First Edition, ‘not so unique’ Caesium Blue, April 2016

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 pm

RockhopperJ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm
I've got ICTP 18C on my F-Pace Delivered yesterday but no ACP or AA, just ICTP... Is there another patch required, do I have to have this done at the dealer (and is it chargeable?) or can I download it and install it myself. The Infortainment says there is no Update available when I ask it to check?

I can't add the vehicle to my account as its claims to be already registered to another user for the Jaguar Remote App - suspect the dealer needs to click a link somewhere to let me add it?

Also, the data SIM is missing - I though all MY19 cars came with a free 500MB per months SIM?
You need to ask the dealership to add the Smartphone Activation Pack to get ACP / AA. Some charge £200, hopefully they'll do it FOC.
No over the air updates right now.
Suspect you will have to nudge the deanship for the SIM; I think they're supposed to supply them
DjP

rpvidal

Post by rpvidal » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm

I read somewhere that there is a list of modules that must be updated before get access to activate the "smartphone pack". Since I ask my dealer to do all updates and still get no APC/AA I am trying to find what is wrong.

Pressing and holding the left side of the time indicator in ICTP I can get acesse to engineering mode, and can check the software version all of modules related with the infotainment system. Could someone here that has ACP/AA working properly confirm (maybe using pictures) the software version installed ? I would like to do a "double check" and see If my dealer forgot something...

Thanks !

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

rpvidal wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm
I read somewhere that there is a list of modules that must be updated before get access to activate the "smartphone pack". Since I ask my dealer to do all updates and still get no APC/AA I am trying to find what is wrong.

Pressing and holding the left side of the time indicator in ICTP I can get acesse to engineering mode, and can check the software version all of modules related with the infotainment system. Could someone here that has ACP/AA working properly confirm (maybe using pictures) the software version installed ? I would like to do a "double check" and see If my dealer forgot something...

Thanks !
Happy to do this; is entering "engineering mode" simple/obvious? I haven't seen this suggestion to "press left side of the time indicator" before
DjP

RockhopperJ

Post by RockhopperJ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm

DjP wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:07 pm
RockhopperJ wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm

You need to ask the dealership to add the Smartphone Activation Pack to get ACP / AA. Some charge £200, hopefully they'll do it FOC.
No over the air updates right now.
Suspect you will have to nudge the deanship for the SIM; I think they're supposed to supply them
DjP
Thanks DjP

The dealer is apparently 'sorting' the SIM but is being quiet on the ACP/AA front - I'm expecting another call from him tomorrow as I'm still not able to connect and add my vehicle in the Remote App which is usually simple to do, so along with the other 'gift' I'm being promised due to issues with the vehicle before delivery, I will be seeking the Smartphone Activation pack! Just hope I can arrange with them to get my local dealer who I didn't buy it from to do it on their behalf as I really don't want a 300-mile round trip (wishful thinking I suspect!)

BTW - I think I read on hear others are getting 'static' or 'crackling' coming from the speakers whilst playing music/media, using the phone and or satnav? I've got the same issue it's not getting any worse or better, I also have times when I get no sound from the satnav (just a dip in the music volume if it's on where the Satnav would usually prompt). This ONLY cure I've found for that is to stop, turn off, Open the driver's door, lock/unlock restart. The car equivalent of Ctrl/Alt/Del I guess :lol: - is this common?
25t - R-Sport, Caesium Blue, Black/Red 18-Way, Meridian, Interactive Dash, LED headlamps, Power/Fold mirrors, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps - Born 18/11/18 - Delivered 8/12/18

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm

RockhopperJ wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm
Just hope I can arrange with them to get my local dealer who I didn't buy it from to do it on their behalf as I really don't want a 300-mile round trip (wishful thinking I suspect!)
The dealers get paid from JLR for this work, so you may not get huge reluctance from your local dealer (but they'll likely be sad you didn't buy from them!)
DjP

RockhopperJ

Post by RockhopperJ » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:50 pm

DjP wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm
RockhopperJ wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm
Just hope I can arrange with them to get my local dealer who I didn't buy it from to do it on their behalf as I really don't want a 300-mile round trip (wishful thinking I suspect!)
The dealers get paid from JLR for this work, so you may not get huge reluctance from your local dealer (but they'll likely be sad you didn't buy from them!)
DjP
Indeed, Coventry and Solihull couldn't match my PCH goal price unfortunately, albeit Coventry was much closer were still over £20 PCM more for the same spec.. Cov will get my servicing business though as where much friendlier and easier to deal with during the process ;)

Steve L

Post by Steve L » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:06 pm

June16 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Car went in for service, ICTP update done and despite what I was told before, now has CarPlay installed. So far all working ok.
Good news !
Posted too soon, when I said all working ok. Ambient lighting keeps returning to default settings and instrument cluster display theme not being saved when changed, defaults to technical with Jaguar logo (no clock).
MY18 3.0 S V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol, Loire Blue, nearly all extras except 360 camera, HUD & sunroof.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”