ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jim

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Jim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Mine was updated to 18C earlier in the week and also ACP and AA loaded and activated under instruction from JLR to try and get the car to accept that my Samsung S8 is an Android device.

Unfortunately even though I now have 18C, ACP and AA I still can't use AA as it still won't recognise the phone as an Android phone even after factory resetting the phone in case I had set something to cause the issue.

While in the dealers they also replaced the USB, etc. interfaces in the cubby hole as while they were testing it started to fail and disconnect devices intermittently.

Just going to reply to the nice lady in Dr. Speth's 'executive office' letting her know that though they had a good try the car still has defects.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

PLR3R

Post by PLR3R » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Had my car serviced yesterday and they patched my ICTP with the latest version- S18C- ****** 222737. Couldn’t do anything about ACP / AA until I realised there were no “buttons” on the swiped screen. Car went back today and they did the Smartphone Pack Activitation thingy and there were the buttons. Unfortunately even after downloading the AA app I cannot get the damned thing to work. Keeps telling me to plug in the phone to the cubbyhole connection which I have obviously done. Anyone have any ideas what I might do next apart from taking it back to my dealer ?
2.0 D Portfolio Auto AWD. IRR . 18 way Front Seats. Adaptive Dynamics. ICTP 380w. Privacy Glass. Space Saver Spare.
PureGuard (waste of money). 🙂

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 pm

The system seems to be extremely picky about the cable used. Refused to connect on anything but the official cable for mine...I don't yet have the upgrade but will soon. Do check your cable.

PLR3R

Post by PLR3R » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks for that. I changed the cable to another Samsung “official” cable. It all started to work for a couple of mins then my phone objected and shut down and now I can’t get the Android Auto to work! Been at it so long the car battery is now drained believe it or not so am now charging it before starting again.😱
2.0 D Portfolio Auto AWD. IRR . 18 way Front Seats. Adaptive Dynamics. ICTP 380w. Privacy Glass. Space Saver Spare.
PureGuard (waste of money). 🙂

ksf

Post by ksf » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:51 pm

few of my issues after the 18C update + smartphone pack installation (2017 built / 2018MY)

1. Car play does not work. when I plug it into any of the USB ports - just says "Apple Car play not available". Tried both ports, many different cables.
2. Incontrol Apps stopped working also. says "Incontrol apps not available".
3. Navigation is on mute, no sound for announcements.
4. Voice control - stopped working all together. when I press the button - nothing happens. why I try to open the function on the touchscreen - nothing happens.

will bring this to the dealer, though I think not much he can do if there is no newer software patch.

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

The left display was showing the iPhone while the radio was playing. When I changed the source to DVD and Mediaplayer the left display was showing the DVD while the mediaplayer was playing.

They will never get it right. Really embarrassing that after 2 years the error list still remains. Worst infotainment system ever.

Youtube movie
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:51 pm

After a couple of weeks of having S18C_18.37.1-222737 and CarPlay on my MY18 car I have been pleased with its reliability. I've had one issue where I got asked to "insert a USB cable" but that was possibly because I started the car with a USB drive with map updates still in the second slot (I'd done the map updates the day before). I needed to turn off, lock, wait 30+ mins in order to get it to work (simply removing the USB drive wasn't enough), but once I only had the phone cable in the USB slots, it's again been solid.

So, I don't want to be hyperbolic about this; CarPlay is pretty basic in terms of UI and functionality, but it's good enough. I can play the songs I want to play, phone calls don't drop out. I can dictate text messages. It is good enough.
At this point, if nothing gets worse, and the next iOS update doesn't fritz it, I'll likely stay on this release until a new release has something really compelling. It's nice to know that when I drive home from work tonight that I'll be able to just plug my phone in, last Friday's Wittertainment podcast will play reliably and I'll be able to initiate a text message to let Mrs DjP how the traffic on the M25 is.

Obviously this "declaration of victory" will likely jinx it, but wanted you to have a view from someone who has had half a dozen ICTP updates in the last 14 months - this one seems to be a keeper.
Good luck to those still searching...
DjP
PS Hello to Jason Isaacs :)

Selwood

Post by Selwood » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 pm

I have a Nov 2016 L supercharged petrol with most options added. Got 18C and ACP on my last service about 3 weeks ago. It works but I have not found a way of getting out of it apart from disconnecting the cable or pressing the seat heater button as all the other icons are lost when ACP is functioning. If you have lots of favourites (in the ICTP navigation for example) and want to use them then need to get out of ACP and then go back in. But works on a 2016 car fine so not sure why some dealers are saying something different.

3.0V6 S. Storm Grey. 14 way seats. 22 Double Helix black wheels. 360 PDC. Advanced Parking Pack. Adaptive Cruise Control. Adaptive LED headlights. ASR. Black Pack. Blind Spot monitoring. Mood lighting. Electric Towbar. Gesture Tailgate. HUD. Heated wheel. ICTP. Meridian. Lane keeping. Panoramic roof. Twin cup. 5 yr service and 3 year secure. Black mirrors ++

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:12 pm

Selwood wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 pm
I have a Nov 2016 L supercharged petrol with most options added. Got 18C and ACP on my last service about 3 weeks ago. It works but I have not found a way of getting out of it apart from disconnecting the cable or pressing the seat heater button as all the other icons are lost when ACP is functioning. If you have lots of favourites (in the ICTP navigation for example) and want to use them then need to get out of ACP and then go back in. But works on a 2016 car fine so not sure why some dealers are saying
In CarPlay there’s a Jaguar icon. Press that and it’ll return you to the ICTP interface. If the Jag icon isn’t there, you may have inadvertently deleted it, go into CarPlay on your phone (in Settings) and put it back
DjP

Selwood

Post by Selwood » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:55 am

Thanks! I will try that

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”