ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
June16

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 am

Shoey79 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm
June16 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 pm
Hi
I am guessing you are aware that there are two separate logins?
One for In Control premium, the app on your phone and the In Control website counter part. This needs access to online abd car to set up.
Does this work ok?
And
One for Navigation, this gives you map updates and shows the expirey of items you have that relate to pro services or connect pro . Set up from the car on screen , not on the website.

Often easier to set the login and password the same for both of above.

Have you followed this article above through from start to finish ?

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... vices.html

Note at the foot of that page it says :
SET UP LIVE APPS
A number of LIVE Apps can be downloaded onto Jaguar's Touch Pro infotainment system, to give you access to live information including weather, flight and the latest news updates.

If you don’t have live apps ( In Control apps you won’t get above), so no weather panel , no news panel.

Map updates are down loaded from the jaguar.here website to usb, then installed to the car through USB.

ICTP updates for the whole system is a dealer job.
Afternoon,

Indeed, fully aware of the two accounts, set up with identical email and passwords (jaguar.here.com & incontrol.jaguar.com)

During intial config I can register the username on the ICTP but then immediately fails to log in, if I then go to the jaguar.here.com site that email and password then work so I know it did work via the ICTP.

I have followed the steps, I've read it so many times I probably can recite it word for word. The "Live" Section just cannot be accessed with "'Live' not available" error message. As before, I've deleted Live and left the car for 30 minutes only to return and have the same issues.

I CAN connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Genuine cable, others don't work) and with the Jaguar Apps application installed on the phone it is detected by the car and I can load Spotify and the likes up but these don't show up on the incontrol.jaguar.com website...probably because I cannot login.

I cannot update the maps as I cannot login to the ICTP, so catch 22 there.

I think I'm going to call the dealer local to my office and then get them to come and sort this out.

Thank you.
Hi
Might be a dealer visit. In the link I posted above it shows your error “ live not available” so might just need a software update.??
Hope that’s useful,.

C773F9AF-BE04-45B7-AA9D-9A180E5F8EF3.jpeg

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi June16,

Thanks for this, exact problems I'm seeing. I spoke with the Jaguar dealership this morning and they seemed to be aware of this and the requirement to perform an update, so that's now booked in...Albeit 3 weeks away! I can live with that.

I did actually just check my accounts on a friends Jag XF (also a 68 plate) who also has the same ICTP version as my car and I logged in without any issue, it then showed up on the Android app, so I'm 100% certain I configured the accounts correctly.

Either way, it looks like the dealer needs to fix this and will be done in the coming weeks.

Many Thanks

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Anyone with 18C found that the ambient lighting no longer remembers what you set it at and keeps going back to the default blue?
Yes. Unbelievably annoying for such a small thing...
Wookiee wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 pm
Has anyone else with 18C and mood lighting suffered from it not remembering the mood lighting settings? Every time I turn the ignition off - even briefly - it automatically defaults back to the brightest setting and any time I leave it for a longer period of time (i.e. overnight) it also forgets the colour setting. In the course of trying to fix some of the things that were knackered, they've managed to knacker something that worked perfectly beforehand, FFS.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

Steve L

Post by Steve L » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am

Queried with my dealer (Farnell Leeds) why I couldn’t have 18c, with CarPlay on my MY18 vehicle, even though other dealerships, including other Farnell dealerships, have installed. Been advised that update not stable enough for pre MY19 vehicles, too many bugs, that JLR are trying to fix.
Last edited by Steve L on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
F Pace 3.0 S V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol, Loire Blue, nearly all extras except 360 camera, HUD & sunroof.

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but I was informed that the ICTP software is engineered and maintained by Harman Kardon...

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 am

Steve L wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:50 am
Queried with my dealer (Farnell Leeds) why I couldn’t have 18c, with CarPlay on my MY18 vehicle, even though other dealerships, including other Farnell dealerships, have installed. Been advised that update not stable enough for pre MY19 vehicles, too many bugs, that JLR are trying to fix.
Plenty others having it installed at other dealerships, there is no “hold “ issued by JLR.
Sort of questions the dealers ability ??
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am

AshleyR wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am
Apologies if this has been discussed previously but I was informed that the ICTP software is engineered and maintained by Harman Kardon...
Not ever heard of that before.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:14 pm

June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am
AshleyR wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am
Not ever heard of that before.
Because it is not true.

Steve L

Post by Steve L » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:30 pm

June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 am
Steve L wrote:
Plenty others having it installed at other dealerships, there is no “hold “ issued by JLR.
Below is the response I have from Farnell Leeds

I have actively been seeking an answer with regards to the Apple Play update due to be launched by JLR with regards to your specific vehicle. As I mentioned in previous communications I was seeking advice from our regional JLR representative.
At this moment in time I have been instructed that the Apple Play app is not to be installed on vehicles. We are aware other retailers, including some Farnell braches, have already applied the update. However the feedback we have had is that the app is not yet fully functional and therefore we will not be issuing it until we have confirmation all bugs have been ironed out.
I hope you understand that we do this in the interest of our customers and not to cause frustration and upset.
At this point we do not have any official launch date and have been made aware so far it will only be applicable for the 19 model year, however they are working on software to backdate the software for previous models.
F Pace 3.0 S V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol, Loire Blue, nearly all extras except 360 camera, HUD & sunroof.

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:51 pm

Steve L wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:30 pm
June16 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:49 am
Steve L wrote:
Below is the response I have from Farnell Leeds

I have actively been seeking an answer with regards to the Apple Play update due to be launched by JLR with regards to your specific vehicle. As I mentioned in previous communications I was seeking advice from our regional JLR representative.
At this moment in time I have been instructed that the Apple Play app is not to be installed on vehicles. We are aware other retailers, including some Farnell braches, have already applied the update. However the feedback we have had is that the app is not yet fully functional and therefore we will not be issuing it until we have confirmation all bugs have been ironed out.
I hope you understand that we do this in the interest of our customers and not to cause frustration and upset.
At this point we do not have any official launch date and have been made aware so far it will only be applicable for the 19 model year, however they are working on software to backdate the software for previous models.
Bizarre, it certainly is fully functional , interestingly he’ says “your specific vehicle “. Maybe you have an unsupported configuration? They do run a type of test program to ascertain the vehicle is capable of being upgraded before they do it....i.e Sim in the cubby etc.

Plus if they wait for all bugs to be ironed out that will be years and years 😂😂😂...sorry that was a bit of sarcasm.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”