ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
DjP

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:10 am

Shoey79 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 am
HI DJP,

I tried via both means but I might retry again with the Sim card out and on wifi only. Oddly, it knows if my password is invalid as I tried a fake password and says its incorrect. I tried different email addresses and passwords of different strengths to make sure my password wasn't too complex for the system which I've seen in the past on other systems.

I'll try a password reset and some more faff, just a bit annoying that a brand new car has these issues!

Thanks!
Completely agree, it takes the shine off having a new car, but hopefully you can persevere and get a good outcome. I've had a number of difficulties with my car (mostly relating to ICTP and bad software), but despite it all, I really still like the car and enjoy driving it immensely. Stick with it and hopefully you'll get lots of trouble free and enjoyable driving in the months to come!
DjP

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:14 pm

DjP wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 am
Shoey,
Are you trying when connected to wifi (eg. from home) or via 3G/4G sim in the car? I initially set this up with the car outside the house connected to house wifi. I seem to recall similar issues to you and with a bit of faffing around (resetting password via website, using wifi not 4G) it "just worked" - albeit after a day of messing about.
You may end up returning to the dealership, but it'd be better if you resolve it yourself!
DjP
I vaguely recall that for initial set up it was recommended to do over WiFi and not mobile signal, but could be wrong as I've had a sleep since I set mine up :oops: :lol:
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

big jon

Post by big jon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:16 pm

S18C_18.37.1-222737 this is version 2 that was loaded last week and so far all is very well
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:38 am

S18C_18.37.1-222737 for me, updated a week or so ago

IMG_4120.jpg

25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:59 am

Tried so many times over the weekend, using varying methods of connecting, resetting Live and deleting all profiles etc...still no luck. I noticed my Connected Navigation also says "Not yet activated" So may need to look into this. Suspect I need the dealer to sort now.

I also monitored the connection whilst on WiFi and I can see it making the connection to their servers on SSL 443 and data being returned so its communicating OK as entering an incorrect password fails...changing the password on the website and then entering the new password on the ICTP shows its the right password.

Were the updates above automatic over the air updates?

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 am

Shoey79 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:59 am
Tried so many times over the weekend, using varying methods of connecting, resetting Live and deleting all profiles etc...still no luck. I noticed my Connected Navigation also says "Not yet activated" So may need to look into this. Suspect I need the dealer to sort now.

I also monitored the connection whilst on WiFi and I can see it making the connection to their servers on SSL 443 and data being returned so its communicating OK as entering an incorrect password fails...changing the password on the website and then entering the new password on the ICTP shows its the right password.

Were the updates above automatic over the air updates?
How annoying! Is there anything that one of us who has this working can try / test so you have a comparison? Happy to help if I can.
As you say, you're getting a different response if you put in the wrong password and you can see the traffic on your router, so it's not a connectivity thing, most likely something to do with your profile / account. Hopefully not the car!
DjP

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 am

So I'll try and detail what I've tested:

With SIM card unplugged, Wifi on: Created a new Navigation account on the ICTP, confirmed the email address and then attempted to log in, fails.
With Sim card unplugged,wifi on: Attempted to log into the Nav with a correct username and password, fails.
With Sim card Plugged in, Wifi off, repeated the above two and still failed.

De-registered inControl from the incontrol.jaguar.com website and closed account down...re-activated car with new account by pressing the Service button and following steps, this worked fine but still cannot access Live/browser or login to Nav.

In settings I clicked the delete Live option, got out of car, locked, left it 30 minutes, came back and then attempted Live/Browser/Navigation, still get the same errors.

Deleted all Navigation data / profiles and recreated everything from scratch

Changed SIM cards from Three, to Vodafone and EE, same result.

Turned data off and attempted to log in to navigation, get asked if I want to enable data for this one task, accept, same errors.

I certainly have all the Pro subscriptions as three are listed on my inControl account valid until 21/11/2021 and again logging into the jaguar.here.com website just keep saying that I need to log into the Navigation to pair it, tried the add vehicle option and says it successfully added it pending log in from the system, which I cannot do.

-----

YOUR SERVICES

INCONTROL PROTECT
Expires: 21/11/2021
About this service

INCONTROL PRO SERVICES
About this service

INCONTROL REMOTE PREMIUM
About this service

----

On the navigation side I can enable data for Sat views, I get live traffic updates and the SAT NAV did update its maps on the 16th Nov which was before I took delivery of the car, I believe this was when the dealer obtained it from the compound.

Some people have mentioned unplugging the battery from the car and leaving it for a short while...could be tempted to do this and if no luck still then get the dealer involved.

Can the ICTP be updated via USB stick and is there anywhere I can download the latest version from?

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi
I am guessing you are aware that there are two separate logins?
One for In Control premium, the app on your phone and the In Control website counter part. This needs access to online abd car to set up.
Does this work ok?
And
One for Navigation, this gives you map updates and shows the expirey of items you have that relate to pro services or connect pro . Set up from the car on screen , not on the website.

Often easier to set the login and password the same for both of above.

Have you followed this article above through from start to finish ?

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... vices.html

Note at the foot of that page it says :
SET UP LIVE APPS
A number of LIVE Apps can be downloaded onto Jaguar's Touch Pro infotainment system, to give you access to live information including weather, flight and the latest news updates.

If you don’t have live apps ( In Control apps you won’t get above), so no weather panel , no news panel.

Map updates are down loaded from the jaguar.here website to usb, then installed to the car through USB.

ICTP updates for the whole system is a dealer job.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:13 pm

June16 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 pm
Hi
I am guessing you are aware that there are two separate logins?
One for In Control premium, the app on your phone and the In Control website counter part. This needs access to online abd car to set up.
Does this work ok?
And
One for Navigation, this gives you map updates and shows the expirey of items you have that relate to pro services or connect pro . Set up from the car on screen , not on the website.

Often easier to set the login and password the same for both of above.

Have you followed this article above through from start to finish ?

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... vices.html

Note at the foot of that page it says :
SET UP LIVE APPS
A number of LIVE Apps can be downloaded onto Jaguar's Touch Pro infotainment system, to give you access to live information including weather, flight and the latest news updates.

If you don’t have live apps ( In Control apps you won’t get above), so no weather panel , no news panel.

Map updates are down loaded from the jaguar.here website to usb, then installed to the car through USB.

ICTP updates for the whole system is a dealer job.
Afternoon,

Indeed, fully aware of the two accounts, set up with identical email and passwords (jaguar.here.com & incontrol.jaguar.com)

During intial config I can register the username on the ICTP but then immediately fails to log in, if I then go to the jaguar.here.com site that email and password then work so I know it did work via the ICTP.

I have followed the steps, I've read it so many times I probably can recite it word for word. The "Live" Section just cannot be accessed with "'Live' not available" error message. As before, I've deleted Live and left the car for 30 minutes only to return and have the same issues.

I CAN connect my Samsung Galaxy S8 (Genuine cable, others don't work) and with the Jaguar Apps application installed on the phone it is detected by the car and I can load Spotify and the likes up but these don't show up on the incontrol.jaguar.com website...probably because I cannot login.

I cannot update the maps as I cannot login to the ICTP, so catch 22 there.

I think I'm going to call the dealer local to my office and then get them to come and sort this out.

Thank you.

June16

Post by June16 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:39 am

Came across this today that doesn’t need a topix subscription , just click on the link shown.
Not sure what use it but released Oct 2018

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... 320418!0!7

407F7730-7DE2-4BF8-A026-80DB5CC32AC4.jpeg

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”