ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Shoey79

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Shoey79 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Wonder if anyone can assist. New car picked up yesterday. Successfully set up InControl and can use the remote features but any attempts to log into navigation (created account directly) or launch web browser or live result in errors.

For navigation I get "Sorry. There was a problem on our end
Please sign in later"

Can log into the website but informs me I need to log in to software onboard.

Clicking Web Browser or Live return "[Application] not available"

On the InControl page it says the primary user isn't logged in...bit can't load Live to do so.

Using version 4(?) Or 18C. (S18C_18.32.4-205602)

Anyone else seen this issue?

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Have you set up a separate navigation account?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Yes, I've created separate accounts but with the same email.

Can login to jaguar.here.com and incontrol.jaguar.com without issue.

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:00 am

Is the car brand new or second hand as I seem to remember some problems as the old accounts still exist.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:04 am

Hi, this is a brand new car with 3 miles on the clock, still no luck today. Same errors as above. Checked for software updates and says nothing available but I did notice further down the update screen there is a second update button for telematics, oddly where it says version, its blank!

I've also tried deleting all cached data from the Live app within the settings area, tried another sim card with data, joined it to an unrestricted wifi network and yet still no banana. I did a journey this morning and this logged fine, also remotely started OK. Just still cannot login to Nav or access Browser or Live. :(

Does there exist an option to perform a factory reset of the ICTP?

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:30 am

Hey Shoey, welcome along, you didn't mention your location, presumably you're in the UK? Some services are specific to certain countries/regions only. If you're in the UK, your dealer should be able to help you with this. Hope you get sorted.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:44 am

Yep, sorry. In the UK. A friend also picked up a new 68 plate at the same time as me, same car and he has no issues...so I'm confident that these options should work as we even tried out the web browser :-)

I was hoping to try and sort it myself...bit of a pain having to take it back to them after only 2 days!

DjP

Post by DjP » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 am

Shoey,
Are you trying when connected to wifi (eg. from home) or via 3G/4G sim in the car? I initially set this up with the car outside the house connected to house wifi. I seem to recall similar issues to you and with a bit of faffing around (resetting password via website, using wifi not 4G) it "just worked" - albeit after a day of messing about.
You may end up returning to the dealership, but it'd be better if you resolve it yourself!
DjP

DjP

Post by DjP » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:22 am

I had my car updated to 18C "release 2" and ACP/AA via the smartphone activation pack. This version number is S18C_18.37.1-222737. The dealership had some issues they needed to go to JLR for ("it crashed when we connected a phone" was their description). My guess is that an off/on cycle would have been the prescribed solution.

I initially had problems connecting my phone via bluetooth (I always connect BT then USB on new builds) and needed to power cycle my phone to get it connect.

I've tried native ICTP apps (music, maps etc) as well as Car Play and both seem pretty good. ACP is "less good" in terms of album art etc in my opinion (ACP tend to have big, blobby icons and text, particularly on the big ICTP screen) but as long as it works solidly I don't really care.

Siri is a bit hit and miss - I'm not clear if Siri is listening on car mic, phone or Apple Watch, so I'm not really sure where to direct my voice or if devices are "fighting" one another - but I did manage to select music, dictate an SMS and a WhatsApp message, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to have hands off my phone when in the "mobile office"

I'll keep playing with it and report back any issues/observations I come across through day-to-day use. Optimistic so far.
DjP

IMG_6349.jpg

Shoey79

Post by Shoey79 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 am

HI DJP,

I tried via both means but I might retry again with the Sim card out and on wifi only. Oddly, it knows if my password is invalid as I tried a fake password and says its incorrect. I tried different email addresses and passwords of different strengths to make sure my password wasn't too complex for the system which I've seen in the past on other systems.

I'll try a password reset and some more faff, just a bit annoying that a brand new car has these issues!

Thanks!

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”