ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
RDB1
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by RDB1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:06 pm

I had mine updated last week but having never seen or used Android Auto (Samsung phone) before , I'm not sure what I meant to see. I've just downloaded the app to my phone and plugged in , the phone screen changed and audio came out of the car (Google Commands) but the car screen didn't change. I think i need to know what to expect in order to tell whether anything is working.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc


DjP
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm

RDB1 you’ll have a button on screen that says “Android Auto” and another for “CarPlay” possibly on the second screen (swipe right). Obv only on ICTP too
DjP


RDB1
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by RDB1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks DjP will have a play when next in the car.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1615
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Apparently ICTP 4.5 is being trialed at a few limited dealers at the moment to see what new issues it may, or may not give to long suffering owners.

If successful, it is to be rolled out by the end of the month. Whether this is 18C or 18D I don't know.

Maybe this is the one with carplay etc, but if your dealer doesn't know about it, then this may explain why.

Good to see they may be learning from past mistakes & only going to bugger up a few cars this time.

4.0 has been one of the better ones, if I discount the non functioning iphone & USB media stick, amongst others. Ok, on reflection, perhaps it's just as crap as all the rest.


DjP
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm

My car has been updated to “something” this week. I will be home Friday and report back on version numbers and functionality
DjP


RDB1
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by RDB1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:32 am

DjP wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm
RDB1 you’ll have a button on screen that says “Android Auto” and another for “CarPlay” possibly on the second screen (swipe right). Obv only on ICTP too
DjP
Thanks but no sign of this button - I've tried everything including different cables so I'm asking my dealer if they think I should have it. Many Thanks
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc


DjP
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm

DjP wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm
My car has been updated to “something” this week. I will be home Friday and report back on version numbers and functionality
DjP
So I got my car back after a few days in the dealership for an update...after checking the version number it is identical to the version it was on before it went in (S18B-18.28.4-188194). I'm struggling to understand why the 18C update wasn't applied (they said they'd apply the "latest" version).

I think the dealership is a bit like the dry cleaners: I reckon they just iron clothes and put them in plastic wrap; similarly the dealership just have the car sat in their car park and wash it before sending it home again!
DjP


June16
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm

DjP wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm
DjP wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm
My car has been updated to “something” this week. I will be home Friday and report back on version numbers and functionality
DjP
So I got my car back after a few days in the dealership for an update...after checking the version number it is identical to the version it was on before it went in (S18B-18.28.4-188194). I'm struggling to understand why the 18C update wasn't applied (they said they'd apply the "latest" version).

I think the dealership is a bit like the dry cleaners: I reckon they just iron clothes and put them in plastic wrap; similarly the dealership just have the car sat in their car park and wash it before sending it home again!
DjP
Fit a camera in it I do.
Note they always disconnect the dash cam nowadays.

Definately naughty and probably illegal , but hey ho.

I watched them wash mine after I said don’t wash it last week . I’d just spent ages reapplying wax the day before , it was spotless and the ##&## pressure washed it . Not happy. They also filled my screen wash with water no additive . I’ve been spraying the screen all week to get space for additive .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


DjP
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:04 pm

June16 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm
DjP wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm
DjP wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 pm
My car has been updated to “something” this week. I will be home Friday and report back on version numbers and functionality
DjP
So I got my car back after a few days in the dealership for an update...after checking the version number it is identical to the version it was on before it went in (S18B-18.28.4-188194). I'm struggling to understand why the 18C update wasn't applied (they said they'd apply the "latest" version).

I think the dealership is a bit like the dry cleaners: I reckon they just iron clothes and put them in plastic wrap; similarly the dealership just have the car sat in their car park and wash it before sending it home again!
DjP
Fit a camera in it I do.
Note they always disconnect the dash cam nowadays.

Definately naughty and probably illegal , but hey ho.

I watched them wash mine after I said don’t wash it last week . I’d just spent ages reapplying wax the day before , it was spotless and the ##&## pressure washed it . Not happy. They also filled my screen wash with water no additive . I’ve been spraying the screen all week to get space for additive .
They talked about the "extensive road testing" they did (on another issue) but apparently forgot that the app tells me exactly where it has been driven! The connected car has lots of advantages for the owner :)


June16
Posts: 869
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:06 pm

DjP wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:04 pm
June16 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:55 pm
DjP wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:27 pm


So I got my car back after a few days in the dealership for an update...after checking the version number it is identical to the version it was on before it went in (S18B-18.28.4-188194). I'm struggling to understand why the 18C update wasn't applied (they said they'd apply the "latest" version).

I think the dealership is a bit like the dry cleaners: I reckon they just iron clothes and put them in plastic wrap; similarly the dealership just have the car sat in their car park and wash it before sending it home again!
DjP
Fit a camera in it I do.
Note they always disconnect the dash cam nowadays.

Definately naughty and probably illegal , but hey ho.

I watched them wash mine after I said don’t wash it last week . I’d just spent ages reapplying wax the day before , it was spotless and the ##&## pressure washed it . Not happy. They also filled my screen wash with water no additive . I’ve been spraying the screen all week to get space for additive .
They talked about the "extensive road testing" they did (on another issue) but apparently forgot that the app tells me exactly where it has been driven! The connected car has lots of advantages for the owner :)
Whatever happened to the old viewing area when your car is serviced , or am I just to old that no one else remembers this.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”