ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Felixstowe

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Felixstowe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am

I think your right there ! Car is booked in again for the 6th August, they have asked for it for 3 days so that they can go through it all and hopefully find out what’s going on with it. I will keep you all updated. 😢
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am
I think your right there ! Car is booked in again for the 6th August, they have asked for it for 3 days so that they can go through it all and hopefully find out what’s going on with it. I will keep you all updated. 😢
I am guessing your using a phone through usb or is this through In Control Apps.
Is this Android or IPhone ?
Just there are so many variances of what people are connecting for music/Alnums.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Currently using an iPhone X which worked with v3** doesn’t matter if I use it with in control app or via blue tooth it still behaves the same way. ( if I use with in control apps the usb keeps dropping anyway and I loose in control apps anyway)
I think it’s a software problem, perhaps mixed with a usb problem “for good measure” ( usb also used to drop when on v3 )
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:47 pm
Currently using an iPhone X which worked with v3** doesn’t matter if I use it with in control app or via blue tooth it still behaves the same way. ( if I use with in control apps the usb keeps dropping anyway and I loose in control apps anyway)
I think it’s a software problem, perhaps mixed with a usb problem “for good measure” ( usb also used to drop when on v3 )
A guy on DS forum has same issues with dropping etc and also one person on FPace forum USA.mthey are both thinking it might be the iPhone software ( both iPhone X) . They have tried other iPhones and found it ok , eg iPhone 6 is ok.
Might be worth trying another phone , just in case the car is ok and it’s Apple . Or jaguar not working with the latest version of IOS.
Just a thought.

One guy restored his phone to find it then worked , bizarre.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks for that June 16, Its something that I hadn’t thought of. Iwill try it with the wife’s iPhone se and see if it makes any difference. Does seem strange though that my iPhone X did work with v3 ( not that it follows it should work with v4) 🙀
Previously:

Heatha05

Post by Heatha05 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Am using the latest patch 4, with iPhone X on iOS 11.4. Has been very stable in the week that I’ve had it back since the upgrade, only disconnecting when wired the once, as opposed to literally everytime with v2.5.
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:32 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 pm
Felixstowe wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:47 pm
A guy on DS forum has same issues with dropping etc and also one person on FPace forum USA.mthey are both thinking it might be the iPhone software ( both iPhone X) . They have tried other iPhones and found it ok , eg iPhone 6 is ok.
Might be worth trying another phone , just in case the car is ok and it’s Apple . Or jaguar not working with the latest version of IOS.
Just a thought.

One guy restored his phone to find it then worked , bizarre.

Hi June16
just to let you know
i did a factory re-set on my iphone x and surprisingly it now works (most of the time) playlists don't get jumbled up and i can select albums or tracks by voice. The system still falls over but it appears to do so when the car "drops" the usb connection between the car and the phone. So its working much better, albeit not perfectly and it would appear the problem may well be with the usb connectivity issue which screws everything up when it drops out. I have passed this info on to jaguar for when my car goes back in on the 6th with the hope it will help them find the root cause !!
Previously:

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:27 pm

My car has gone in today for a big software update as my satnav system keeps loosing the route after stopping for 15 min or so and if I want it again I need to put it in again. Sometimes the route just goes and I can't even get a map up or cancel as it only shows Route Preview with no means of imputing anything else. The only cure is leave the car for a few hours. This has happened 3 times so far in the last 2 months so I am hoping they clear this up. The garage for me is Marshalls at Ipswich.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Mark,
i use the same dealer, are you on v4 or still on v3 ?
Previously:

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi Felixstowe
I thought you would as the name is very familiar to me as I live some 20 miles away and often pop down there for a stroll. I have had 2 upgrades since I bought the car with some 2 months after buying and another about a 6 months ago to what I thought was version 3.0 as I have the seat icon. They phoned me back today to ask if I wanted to proceed with the installation of the new software which implies to me that they wanted someone else in the loop if it all goes wrong!!
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”