Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch 4.0

320K views 714 replies 108 participants last post by  paddypaws 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd start the thread in readiness...

Apparently it's coming to a cinema near you very soon.....

I wonder what the 'Helmet' will become then?

#4 ·
June16 said:
Yes , I was watching the thread over here, but there was a certain degree of uncertainty as to whether it applied to just dual view screens like the Velar , or if it applied to the FPace.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/44289-ictp-phase-4-18b-update.html
Apparently it's also for us peasants with merely one screen...

Didn't realise the Americans had seen it already - my initial thought was, 'hey, the helmet has become 'settings' ' - then it dawned on me it's LHD!

#5 ·
corriescar66 said:
June16 said:
Yes , I was watching the thread over here, but there was a certain degree of uncertainty as to whether it applied to just dual view screens like the Velar , or if it applied to the FPace.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/44289-ictp-phase-4-18b-update.html
Apparently it's also for us peasants with merely one screen...

Didn't realise the Americans had seen it already - my initial thought was, 'hey, the helmet has become 'settings' ' - then it dawned on me it's LHD!
Yeh, looking at USA it's an update with no going back, I wonder what the chances are if it working first time ....,big fat zero ....so I'll hang around and let others commit first.😂😂👍

#6 ·
It would be nice to get (additional options for) the digital dials like the e-Pace, with the dials on the outer edges and the variable information (Map, Trip, Media etc) in the centre !
Car Photograph Vehicle Speedometer White

Attachments

#7 ·
Are people still having problems with 3.5? Mine seems fine now.
What issues is the version 4 patch for?

#8 ·
Rob the dog said:
Are people still having problems with 3.5? Mine seems fine now.
What issues is the version 4 patch for?
I thinks it an all new UI , the new RRS is cimpingvout if the factory with it.

I agree I won't rush to update 3.5 seems to work ok ....at the moment.

#9 ·
3.5 in my XF-S seems to be rock solid.

It should be surprisingly that new versions are continually being developed, it's software after all. Whether we should be getting these installed in our cars is a different question. JLR aren't suggesting they're pursuing a continual upgrade path a la Tesla, and as we've seen with a few members, requests for updates are being denied unless there's an actual problem with the version in the car. Hopefully when over the air updates come, this will change.

#10 ·
Well, it's at the dealers.... Apparently it takes nearly 10 hours to download onto their system....

They've not put it on a car yet, getting the impression I may be the first guinea pig....

If you have 2.5, they have to load every subsequent update in sequence separately, otherwise it fries the ICM. Must take quite a while to do that...

May explain why someone on here thought they were getting 3.5 and probably got 2.5 and a bit..

#12 ·
corriescar66 said:
Well, it's at the dealers.... Apparently it takes nearly 10 hours to download onto their system....

They've not put it on a car yet, getting the impression I may be the first guinea pig....

If you have 2.5, they have to load every subsequent update in sequence separately, otherwise it fries the ICM. Must take quite a while to do that...

May explain why someone on here thought they were getting 3.5 and probably got 2.5 and a bit..
Strange ...I went from. 2.5 to latest in 3 hours.
Some dealers are doing step by step , but mine just did straight to latest with no issues.
He said he only does step by step when rear entertainment is involved as that's causing most issues.
Are you getting v4?.

#18 ·
K187 said:
June16 said:
Ooo. It's on topix !

ICTP 4_007_1_v2. In Control Touch Pro Release Notes.

SDD phase 4 PATHFINDER 170
Any full release notes or change log?
If your desperate to read it ..... log into topix and subscribe and pay for it is an option. They are not free.

#19 ·
June16 said:
corriescar66 said:

Strange ...I went from. 2.5 to latest in 3 hours.
Some dealers are doing step by step , but mine just did straight to latest with no issues.
He said he only does step by step when rear entertainment is involved as that's causing most issues.
Are you getting v4?.
I believe so, though they've had the car for another two weeks and have no idea when I'm getting it back....

It's close to 5 months out of twenty I've driven loan cars & not my F Pace. Can't complain, I prefer the XF as a driver's car anyway....

#20 ·
June16 said:
Smitten said:
Typical...just had mine updated to 3.5 a week ago!
Weekly outing for tea and cakes .....then they wonder why service departments are overloaded :lol:
Didn't get either. I have been diddled. I want two cakes with 4.0 :lol:

#21 ·
Here's all the bulletin numbers and statement from JLR

"Jaguar Land Rover are preparing the latest InControl Touch Pro/ Duo infotainment software enhancements that are planned for release on Pathfinder 170 and Symptom Driven Diagnostics 153.05. All current Technical Service Bulletins JTB00552v6, LTB00593v3, LTB01009v9, LTB01108v3 will be updated and published on TOPIx".

#22 ·
#23 ·
So what are the improvements / suggested fixes with version 4.
My 3.5 has been ok though not perfect so happy to take an improvement but don't want a step back now.
Version 3 I was happy to take anything as it was so slow and glitchy.

#24 ·
Rumour control says you can do over the air updates once installed, providing you have a sim fitted.
You can then screw up your own car from the comfort of home :lol: :lol:

#25 ·
Anyone got the full bulletin list of improvements and suggested fixes or when to use.
Taking mine in for service in the next month or so and might double it up if worthwhile.

Corrie is you car still in the garage !!?? Not great. I've had 9 months happy motoring now.

#26 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Anyone got the full bulletin list of improvements and suggested fixes or when to use.
Taking mine in for service in the next month or so and might double it up if worthwhile.

Corrie is you car still in the garage !!?? Not great. I've had 9 months happy motoring now.
The bulletin is 14 pages long and the release contains over 200 fixes acording to the DS forum , but no one has posted it yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.