ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:26 pm

I can get AA to connect and show on the car screen, but the screen won't respond to touch input, which makes it unusable. The steering wheel 'talk' button works though and I can get the Google Assistant up on the car screen.

TBH, I've been a bit underwhelmed by AA overall, thought it would do more than it does, but that's just my perception (which may be wrong anyway)

Still awaiting today's promised callback from the service dept, now 1630 so that's another black mark...

Jim
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


itsalexb
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by itsalexb » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Just got my f-fpace today, came with s18d software, am I right in assuming this will come as an over the air update at some point?


jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 pm

List of significant defects on my 19A upgrade so far:

1 - Critical - voice control does not work at all, and the steering wheel button has no effect.
2 - High - navigation voice guidance does not work at all.
3 - High - intermittently, system is unable to access Media Library and slows down whole system
4 - High - existing, previously functioning SIM card now says 'SIM card not supported'
5 - WIFI set up forgets settings
6 - Navigation map auto light/dark theme does not work.

I expect I'll find more :(

Going back in next week - be interesting to see whether it's
a) a botched upgrade and just needs done properly
b) going to get patched or even upgraded again????
c) rolled back to an earlier version (altho I think I've read folk on18C have had voice issues?)
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


DjP
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:06 am

jim109b wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 pm
List of significant defects on my 19A upgrade so far:

1 - Critical - voice control does not work at all, and the steering wheel button has no effect.
2 - High - navigation voice guidance does not work at all.
3 - High - intermittently, system is unable to access Media Library and slows down whole system
4 - High - existing, previously functioning SIM card now says 'SIM card not supported'
5 - WIFI set up forgets settings
6 - Navigation map auto light/dark theme does not work.

I expect I'll find more :(

Going back in next week - be interesting to see whether it's
a) a botched upgrade and just needs done properly
b) going to get patched or even upgraded again????
c) rolled back to an earlier version (altho I think I've read folk on18C have had voice issues?)
Sorry to hear that 19A is causing you issues Jim. 18C has been the "best" version from my perspective; voice commands are not perfect, but I don't rely on them. Stable bluetooth and USB connection to my phone have been the most critical aspects for me which are "solved" in this release. I'm not upgrading to anything else unless there's a compelling reason. For voice commands I prefer to use Apple CarPlay interface - the Siri recognition is pretty good and I can accept text messages, dictate new ones, play tracks etc. Far from perfect - and ACP is pretty basic; anyone who thinks it going to solve all problems is misguided...
DjP


lozpace
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by lozpace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm

My car is telling me there is a map update available, last time this corrected the issues with the sat nav voice and voice control not working.

If you are having issues with this it might be worth trying the update.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.


jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 pm

lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm
My car is telling me there is a map update available, last time this corrected the issues with the sat nav voice and voice control not working.

If you are having issues with this it might be worth trying the update.
Yes, I read that too somewhere...tried it, made no difference sadly.
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


lozpace
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by lozpace » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm

jim109b wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 pm
lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm
My car is telling me there is a map update available, last time this corrected the issues with the sat nav voice and voice control not working.

If you are having issues with this it might be worth trying the update.
Yes, I read that too somewhere...tried it, made no difference sadly.
Jim, are you running Version Number: 08.030.0093.0157 which was released in the last 24 hours.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.


Pieface21
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Location: Owings Mills, MD, USA

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Pieface21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:02 pm

DjP.........

Just an FYI.......I recently got 18D and in my opinion, its the very best so far. Picked up a ton of speed all around and all the bells and whistles are ringing properly. Not sure what the deal is with 19A........but, I think I'll be sticking with 18D for now - or at least until they sort things out and I start to see better reports on 19A coming in.


jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:40 pm

lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm
jim109b wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 pm
lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:54 pm
My car is telling me there is a map update available, last time this corrected the issues with the sat nav voice and voice control not working.

If you are having issues with this it might be worth trying the update.
Yes, I read that too somewhere...tried it, made no difference sadly.
Jim, are you running Version Number: 08.030.0093.0157 which was released in the last 24 hours.
Yes, that's the one.
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


lozpace
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by lozpace » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm

jim109b wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:40 pm
lozpace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm
jim109b wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:02 pm


Yes, I read that too somewhere...tried it, made no difference sadly.
Jim, are you running Version Number: 08.030.0093.0157 which was released in the last 24 hours.
Yes, that's the one.
That’s a shame I was hoping that would fix your problem, mine goes in Tuesday for an update to 19A I’m now less confident it will fix the issues I’m having.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”