ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
AlanBE

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by AlanBE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm
Anyone with 18C found that the ambient lighting no longer remembers what you set it at and keeps going back to the default blue?
Yes, I have the same issue, as I already mentioned on this thread.
2.0D Prestige RWD Automatic in Caesium Blue, Light Oyster interior, ICTP, Adaptive CC, LKA, 10way seats with memory, mood lighting, Satin fine line wood plus more.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Spent some time playing with this tonight.
Results as follows:
Before upgrade to 18 C and Car Play.
I could say “Apple device” and it listed Apple device commands.
I could then say “play <ABBA > and it gave me a choice to play a track or play all.

1)
Since the upgrade :
I say ‘Apple device” and it lists the commands.
I then say “play <ABBA> and it says no such media found, the box it brings up is not for the Apple device but the media library box !

So basically using the commands to play albums artists etc which used to work perfectly well, now doesn’t work anymore saying “Apple device” . They do however work whilst poking the screen.

Suspect some of the language files are either dropped or missing now.

2)
Select source as a Media library where I have two ripped CDs ( Rod Stewart , Roy Orbison)
I start playing Rod Stewart, it shows Rod Stewart on the ICTP screen .

I then select Find on ICTP, then select the other Album Roy Orbison, it starts playing Roy Orbison on ICTP and shows correct info, however the dashboard circle on the dash remains showing Rod Stewartt .

If I use the steering wheel to change to next track , it then plays the next track for Roy Orbison correctly on ICTP but the dashboard circle stubbornly remains on Rod Stewart.

Only way to get it to correct the dash display in the circle is to change source to Radio and then back to media library it then is corrected.

3 )
Amazon Music works well

4)
Car Play is OK , but and it’s a big but it does not give me the choice of which Album to play for an artist.
When you have 20 odd Albums by Rod Stewart , you get a bit fed up of iSiri saying “here’s some Rod Stewart” then playing the first album out of 20 each time.
I far preferred the JLR voice for music when it was working as it gave me a list of albums to choose from, and I could choose one by voice. Now sadly all that is broken.

One step forwards and 15 backwards.

I would suggest some one from JLR development sits in a car with a USB stick , an IPhone , some CDs ripped to the library and tries to control each of these items by voice . Until someone does that we are wasting our time, they should be locked in the car until it works.!

Once they have a list of working commands write them into the screens to help you say them correctly.

All the commands in the Apple device screen are no longer working , how did they manage to break that adding Car Play?? :roll:
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

HB_NORM

Post by HB_NORM » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Did you try Spotify at all? We are concerned even before picking up our MY19 S that this isn't going to live up to the flawless Audi MMI. We would rather like you've already stated, not take a step backwards.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 pm

HB_NORM wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:48 pm
Did you try Spotify at all? We are concerned even before picking up our MY19 S that this isn't going to live up to the flawless Audi MMI. We would rather like you've already stated, not take a step backwards.
Hi
No sorry I don’t use Spotify.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DjP

Post by DjP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm getting back on the "fix ICTP" horse and getting upgraded to 18C and CarPlay next week. Currently on 18B. The dealership referred to an "18C2" update (vs simply 18C), saying it had been recently released. Anyone seen any updated versions to 18C recently?
DjP

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Correct there are two 18C upgrades I had the original 18C installed a couple of months ago and my dealer will update it with the 18C 2second edition" next week.

HB_NORM

Post by HB_NORM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Anyone know the difference?

DjP

Post by DjP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm

HB_NORM wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 pm
It fixes all the issues I’ve been having for over a year since 2.5. According to the dealership :lol: :lol: :lol:

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:15 pm

DjP wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm
HB_NORM wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 pm
It fixes all the issues I’ve been having for over a year since 2.5. According to the dealership :lol: :lol: :lol:
You’ll get some new ones too :roll:

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”