Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Jaguar Remote App when out of UK

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DPE 
#1 ·
Hi all

Can anyone tell me why I can't refresh my current car status through the remote app when I'm out of the UK?
If I am using Wi-Fi or not, it just won't update and just stays on 'Updating'......
As I park my car on my drive when I'm away on holiday for example, it would be nice to see that it's still there for peace of mind!
Or is this asking too much from Jaguar?? :roll:

Thanks

#3 ·
Never had any problem with the jaguar remote app when abroad, with the car or not

Flub!

#5 ·
If I'm reading this your trying to refresh from out of country with the car still in UK?
Then worth noting the InControl telematics in the vehicle go to sleep after a while, it's in the handbook how long this is 48 or 72 hours something like that.
There is a wake up entry for the Tekematics you can set that might help , but I can remember how long in the future you can set this wake up for, this would then give you another xxhours afterwards.

#7 ·
Nope, its when the car is not used for 3-4 days.

You can set a timer from the app before you leave. For future reference.

#8 ·
When we were in Tenerife early this year I was able to daily check the condition of my vehicular including where it was still parked at the airport.
On return to the UK after 8 days I was still able to use the App to check all functions and thought it would nice to start the engine and have it warn up when we got to the car park.
But the engine start had gone into "Deep Sleep" mode. All other functions worked. (Beep & Flash, Remote unlock etc)
I have tried to get information from Jaguar but no reply's.
Can this "Deep Sleep" time be adjusted. .?

#9 ·
Sound like the deep sleep is indeed the 4 day cut off. The rest of the info is implied as fixed because the car hasn't moved so it's likely cached at the server that receives the info from the car.

There is wake up option as already mentioned in the thread.

#10 ·
I was in Bali and could Contact the car by App. Mainly to check the weather back home. It worked each time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.