Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Audio crackling and popping noises

19K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Mikedarch 
#1 ·
I have been suffering with audio crackling and popping noises while using radio, Spotify App, Music App or any other USB connected device. I have the latest software update which hasn't cured the problem.
Any ideas anyone?..

First Edition, Caesium Blue, April 2016

#4 ·
Hi
I'm getting this when I'm using Spotify only,the radio is fine.
I have listened to Spotify on headphones and my sonos speakers with no interference problem. The cars booked in on the 30th May to have 3.5 installed on the ictp. Ill report back once upgraded.

#5 ·
Hi just an update on crackling and popping noise on Spotify. I've had software update and was disappointed to have poor audio with Spotify. I've now found the problem I was using a poor quality iPhone lead. I've now changed to a genuine lead and the sound quality is perfect.
Hope this Helps.

#7 ·
My problem is not just limited to USB or Spotify, it's right across the in-car audio spectrum. I get popping and crackling 'interference-like' noises from all audio sources including CD, radio, USB connected devices, on-board hard drive recordings. Even the external sensor beeping crackles and pops... :oops: :oops: :oops:

#8 ·
Does this popping crackling on all circuits stop if no usb lead is connected.?
I found with iPhone connected even the CD popped, Bluetooth popped , then when I disconnected the iPhone the CD , Bluetooth etc was ok .
It seemed as though the lead was picking up the static for the loud pops.
Dou you have a dash cam fitted , I've seen those cause static too.

If it still pops and crackles with nothing physically connected then you have a fault in the car with suppression Id guess .

#9 ·
Thanks for the reply June16. I will try without the USB lead and see if that makes any difference but I'm not holding my breath. The fault has got much worse of late and it has been suggested that it's probably amplifier (bit processing) related.
I'm currently away but will definitely give it a try with a new USB lead and/or no lead... :roll: :roll: :roll:

#10 ·
I have the exact same problem in my XE sedan. Intermittent crackling on all audio sources.

Did your problem ever get resolved? If so how? Mine has not after replacement of amplifier and ICTpro "controller" whatever that is. Recent 4th edition software update did not solve problem either. Has nothing to do with the usb cable to my phone.

#11 ·
mbschaffer said:
I have the exact same problem in my XE sedan. Intermittent crackling on all audio sources.

Did your problem ever get resolved? If so how? Mine has not after replacement of amplifier and ICTpro "controller" whatever that is. Recent 4th edition software update did not solve problem either. Has nothing to do with the usb cable to my phone.
My car is booked in on 7th August for the v4 software update and audio crackling, popping and distortion problem diagnosis.
Worrying to hear that you have had your amplifier replaced, because that was where I believe the problem lies; sound bit processing.
Will post again after 7th August...

#12 ·
Any news on this? I too have frequent little glitches and crackles on both USB and radio sources and even from the PDC when slow speed parking. It's a bit of a pain when I paid extra for the Meridian Surround pack only to find audio quality is spoiled by noises - almost sounds like I'm listening to old vinyl at times!!

#13 ·
Does it do it on radio source with the usb physically disconnected ?
Tracked mine down to usb lead, soon as I disconnected the lead. all was well , so bought new usb lead.
No matter what I used with the lead connected including radio it cracked just like an old record.

#17 ·
My XE is having the same issue, regardless of what form of audio I use (via Bluetooth, IPhone cable, the radio, etc.). The pops are so loud and occur every few seconds, making it difficult, and certainly highly unsafe, to drive. Has anyone's dealership come up with a lasting solution? Mine has said this is an issue in many of their Jag's, from 2017 to the new 2020 models.

#18 ·
I just picked up a new 2020 F Pace - S and I am having this same issue. Radio, Bluetooth, or iphone plugged into usb, i am getting crackling noise coming through the speakers. I was literally about to look for a "vinyl" mode in settings to disable until i came across this forum with other people having the same issue.

Based on the last post, it sounds like i will need to replace the amp and head unit? Very disappointing for a 75k vehicle with "upgraded" sound system.

#20 ·
This is a known problem with a known fix as there are several references to this on ToPIX. I would suggest you ask your dealer to look this up on ToPIX and apply the remedy.

#21 ·
ksadler1982 said:
I just picked up a new 2020 F Pace - S and I am having this same issue. Radio, Bluetooth, or iphone plugged into usb, i am getting crackling noise coming through the speakers. I was literally about to look for a "vinyl" mode in settings to disable until i came across this forum with other people having the same issue.
There has been a recent new software version release known as 19B which is supposed to fix this crackling issue amongst other things.
As yours is a new car then I would suggest taking it back to the dealer and getting them to install it.
Early reports on another forums suggests it works to stop the crackling.........................so far.
More info here:

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8307

#23 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have exactly the same problem and it makes me crazy. I'm living in Brussels and each time I explained the issue to my dealer they say it works now we did all the test with different phone. I have now the iPhone 11 Pro and it still do it popping, cracklings with the car kit ( sounds, phone,...) and with the sensors when I am parking. It is a big disappointment to have no solution proposed here. Meridian reputation is getting worse day by day and I strongly believe there is an issue with mine !! I am not an expert in sound but love music and I am spending time in my car to call customers and I have to support these pooping cracking ! What is the solution to solve it ? I want to prove me that they did the changes and pieces replacement and not just a stupid software update. Please help !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.