Audio crackling and popping noises

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
AshleyR

Audio crackling and popping noises

Post by AshleyR » Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 pm

I have been suffering with audio crackling and popping noises while using radio, Spotify App, Music App or any other USB connected device. I have the latest software update which hasn’t cured the problem.
Any ideas anyone?..

First Edition, Caesium Blue, April 2016

Jagfpacejk

Re: Audio crackling and popping noises

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue May 01, 2018 9:18 pm

AshleyR wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 pm
I have been suffering with audio crackling and popping noises while using radio, Spotify App, Music App or any other USB connected device. I have the latest software update which hasn’t cured the problem.
Any ideas anyone?..

I take it this is a new issue, you many have a loose connection somewhere, it could be in the screen connections or the amp ect.

No doubt a dealer visit required.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Mon May 14, 2018 11:04 pm

AshleyR wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 pm
Any ideas anyone?..

Sorry to re-post this thread. Is anyone similarly affected? :roll: :roll: :roll:

blakep6

Post by blakep6 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 am

Hi
I'm getting this when I'm using Spotify only,the radio is fine.
I have listened to Spotify on headphones and my sonos speakers with no interference problem. The cars booked in on the 30th May to have 3.5 installed on the ictp. Ill report back once upgraded.
R sport 2.0 Awd auto. Corris Grey. Ictp. 360 Surround cameras. Folding mirrors . Tinted windows. 10 way electric seats.
Heated screen and washer jets. Remote boot seat leavers. Electric deployable tow bar.

blakep6

Post by blakep6 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi just an update on crackling and popping noise on Spotify. I've had software update and was disappointed to have poor audio with Spotify. I've now found the problem I was using a poor quality iPhone lead. I've now changed to a genuine lead and the sound quality is perfect.
Hope this Helps.
R sport 2.0 Awd auto. Corris Grey. Ictp. 360 Surround cameras. Folding mirrors . Tinted windows. 10 way electric seats.
Heated screen and washer jets. Remote boot seat leavers. Electric deployable tow bar.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am

I found swapping the lead fixed mine too.
Ironically my brand new longer iPhone lead didn’t work and my old shorter one did.
Both bought through Apple
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am
Ironically my brand new longer iPhone lead didn’t work and my old shorter one did.
My problem is not just limited to USB or Spotify, it’s right across the in-car audio spectrum. I get popping and crackling ‘interference-like’ noises from all audio sources including CD, radio, USB connected devices, on-board hard drive recordings. Even the external sensor beeping crackles and pops... :oops: :oops: :oops:

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 am

AshleyR wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am
June16 wrote:
My problem is not just limited to USB or Spotify, it’s right across the in-car audio spectrum. I get popping and crackling ‘interference-like’ noises from all audio sources including CD, radio, USB connected devices, on-board hard drive recordings. Even the external sensor beeping crackles and pops... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Does this popping crackling on all circuits stop if no usb lead is connected.?
I found with iPhone connected even the CD popped, Bluetooth popped , then when I disconnected the iPhone the CD , Bluetooth etc was ok .
It seemed as though the lead was picking up the static for the loud pops.
Dou you have a dash cam fitted , I’ve seen those cause static too.

If it still pops and crackles with nothing physically connected then you have a fault in the car with suppression Id guess .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:22 am
AshleyR wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:55 am
June16 wrote:
Does this popping crackling on all circuits stop if no usb lead is connected.?
I found with iPhone connected even the CD popped, Bluetooth popped , then when I disconnected the iPhone the CD , Bluetooth etc was ok .
It seemed as though the lead was picking up the static for the loud pops.
Dou you have a dash cam fitted , I’ve seen those cause static too.

If it still pops and crackles with nothing physically connected then you have a fault in the car with suppression Id guess .
Thanks for the reply June16. I will try without the USB lead and see if that makes any difference but I’m not holding my breath. The fault has got much worse of late and it has been suggested that it’s probably amplifier (bit processing) related.
I’m currently away but will definitely give it a try with a new USB lead and/or no lead... :roll: :roll: :roll:

mbschaffer

Post by mbschaffer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:42 pm

I have the exact same problem in my XE sedan. Intermittent crackling on all audio sources.

Did your problem ever get resolved? If so how? Mine has not after replacement of amplifier and ICTpro "controller" whatever that is. Recent 4th edition software update did not solve problem either. Has nothing to do with the usb cable to my phone.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”